Skills for business world success
A business administration major at Southern New Hampshire University prepares you to enter the business world with a competency-based business curricula include coursework and field experiences that help you gain valuable career skills such as:
- Communication: Communicate effectively through written, oral and visual communication
- Information Technology: Master information technology principles and applications to utilize this technology to its greatest advantage in an organization's operations
- Problem Solving: Identify problems quickly, analyze them reasonably and find solutions creatively
- Teamwork: Develop a broad range of interpersonal skills that help you be an effective participant in team and group situations
- Analytical Skills: Apply quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis; use data, applied mathematical and statistical techniques and decision sciences to attain organizational objectives
- Global Orientation: Gain a multidisciplinary global perspective to make effective international business decisions
- Legal and Ethical Practices: Understand the legal and ethical considerations and implications of personal, social, business and international business behavior and activities
- Research: Conduct primary and secondary research and apply the results for informed decision-making
- Strategic Approaches: Think and plan strategically in making business decisions
- Leadership: Be an effective team and organizational leader
Get a head start on your business career when you earn a business administration degree from Southern New Hampshire University.
Additional Career Resources
U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook:
Management, Business and Financial Occupations
SNHU Career Development Center:
Business Administration Outlook
Expert career, college and job search advice
Business Student Organization
Delta Mu Delta
The international honor society for business programs accredited by the Association for Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Southern New Hampshire University represents the Gamma Nu chapter of Delta Mu Delta Honor Society. Its purpose is to promote and recognize higher scholarship in training for business and to reward scholastic achievement in business subjects.
SNHU is a fully accredited university. Access our list of accreditations. More...