During your associate’s degree course work in liberal arts at Southern New Hampshire University, you will have an opportunity to develop skills that will be of great value - both in the workplace and in furthering your education. Your exposure to a broad range of topics and varied course work will help you develop the following skills:
- Communication: Communicate effectively through written, oral and visual forms of communication
- Critical Thinking: Analyze situations and issues through a thoughtful, evaluative process
- Analytical: Become familiar with math and science concepts based in theoretical and real-world applications
- Problem-Solving: View and analyze problems from multiple angles to make well-reasoned decisions
- Research: Conduct primary and secondary research to examine an issue or support a thesis orally and in writing
- Creativity: Expand your creative skills to develop new ways of approaching issues or completing projects
- Lifelong Learning: Develop a lifelong intellectual curiosity by expanding your knowledge of a range of issues and topics and your desire to continue learning
- Global Perspective: Understand major historical and current events around the world that have shaped today’s global structure
- Teamwork: Gain a deeper understanding of group dynamics and develop the interpersonal skills of an effective team member
Your liberal arts degree studies at SNHU University provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that you can continue to build on throughout life.
Additional Career Resources for an AA in Liberal Arts
Value of a Liberal Arts Education
The American Association of Universities and Colleges promotes the value of a liberal education as a true and complete preparation for a professional career
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Phi Theta Kappa is the national honor society for two-year degree programs. SNHU has an active chapter.
SNHU Four-Year Degree Programs
The two-year degree can lead naturally to any of the four-year degree programs at SNHU.
SNHU is a fully accredited university. Access our list of accreditations. More...