The application process for admission is as follows:
- Apply for admission online. Applicants should select the "International Student (Manchester Campus) Application Fee" option. Note that no applications will be processed until the application fee has been received.
- After paying your application fee, you will receive an automated email with instructions on how to submit the required documentation listed below:
- Originals or attested copies of your degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Include an official record of courses and grades or marks received. Please note that once enrolled, you are required to provide our offices with official copies of your transcripts and diplomas if you provide us with attested copies in the admission process. This must be done in order to eventually receive your SNHU degree or official SNHU transcripts.
- Evidence of English proficiency, typically by means of an international test TOEFL score (see requirements below). Students without international test TOEFL or IELTS scores may be admitted conditional upon being tested on arrival
- Documentation demonstrating your ability to pay the financial obligations of studying in the United States, such as a bank letter indicating the actual financial condition of your sponsor.
- For ESL, a minimum of $13,000 is required.
- For Graduate studies, a minimum of $32,000 is required.
- For Undergraduate studies, a minimum of $43,000 per year is required
- A color copy of your current passport
Specific Details on Evaluations
Applications will be considered for the subsequent term start when the application has been completed, the application fee paid and all associated documentation has been received. Undergraduate applications will be considered for admission to the upcoming term start on a rolling basis. Eligibility for admission is based upon the following:
- Applicants need to have completed the equivalent of a US Secondary School
- Applicants will require the equivalent of a 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale for admission consideration
- Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency as evidenced by:
TOEFL score of 71 and greater, IELTS score of 6.5 and greater, PTE score of 49 and greater, ELS score of 111 and greater, EF score of 107 and greater, and Michigan score of 85 and greater. The TOIEC examination is not accepted.
Students with scores between TOEFL 61-70, IELTS 6, PTE 44-48, ELD 109/110, EF 106, Michigan 80-84 will be assigned to a bridge program with some English and some course work. Students who have some university level academic work, IB credits or A-Levels may be eligible for transfer credits or exemptions.
Students with scores of TOEFL less than 61, IELTS less than 6.0, PTE less than 43, ELS less than 109, EF less than 106, and Michigan less than 80, can register and attend English as a Second Language (ESL) program
Applications will be considered for the subsequent term start when the application has been completed, the application fee paid and all associated documentation has been received. Typically, graduate applications will be considered for the upcoming term if completed at least 8 weeks before the term start. View our graduate academic calendar.
- Applicants should have the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree
- Applicants will require the equivalent of 2.75 on a 4.0 grading scale for admission consideration.
- Applicants who have some master’s level academic work may be eligible for transfer credits or exemptions.
- Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency as evidenced by: TOEFL score 79-80 and greater, IELTS 6.5 and greater, PPTE 54 and greater, ELS 107 and greater, Michigan 90 and greater. It is recommended that you have TOEFL and IELTS results sent directly to SNHU to avoid delays. SNHU’s TOEFL code is 3649. The TOIEC examination is not accepted.
- English Bridge Applicants with the following scores will start in a bridge program combining English courses and academic courses: TOEFL 71-78, IELTS 6, PTE 49-53, ELS 112, EF 106, Michigan 85-89. English as a Second Language (ESL): Students with scores of TOEFL less than 71, IELTS less than 6.0, PTE less than 48, ELS less than 112, EF less than 106, and Michigan less than 85, can register and attend English as a Second Language (ESL) program