Laptops are particularly vulnerable to theft. Take the following precautions:
- Be sure that your laptop is covered under your home owners insurance. The warranty that comes with the Dell laptop does not cover theft.
- Consider purchasing a PC Theft Recovery Service from Dell or other vendor. This service tracks the location of your computer and reports its location to a monitoring center when it connects to the Internet.
- Do not leave your laptop unattended.
- Record your laptop's serial number.
- Purchase a security cable available at the Dell Laptop Purchase site.