Entries are to be sent to: CEO@snhu.edu
April 1 - Beginning of Competition and Accepting Entries of Concept Paper
April 22 - Concept Paper submission deadline to CEO@snhu.edu at 11:59 PM EST
May 6 - Announce judges' decision on the 10 semi-finalists to move on
May 21 - Mandatory business plan training for semi-finalists: 9AM-12PM.
May 29 - Business Plan submission deadline to CEO@snhu.edu at 11:59 PM EST
June 4 - Announce Judges' decision on 5 finalists
June 11 - Competition in the morning and award dinner in the evening
- Business needs to be based in the state of New Hampshire
- New Businesses or Early Stage businesses only. Early stage is of 1-3 years with gross revenue of less than 1 million a year.
- Anyone less than 18 requires guardian consent
- Only one entry per applicant (Group or individual)
- There is no maximum limit to group size, however a maximum of 2 people may attend the training and a maximum of 2 people may present.
Format for all Submissions - Concept Paper and Business Plan:
- All entries must be in PDF format
- 1 inch margins, 12 point, Times New Roman font, single spaced
- Name, position, and title required for each member of the business
- One person must be designated as contact and will be required to provide the following: Address, phone number, and email
Concept Paper Specifics:
- Two pages maximum, not including title page
- Adheres to previously stated format
- Goal is to answer questions:
- What is the problem this business solves or what opportunity is being taken advantage of?
- How will the business do it? (i.e. what is the business model?)
- How will the business make money?
Requirements For Semi-Finalists:
Training is a mandatory meeting for semi-finalists to discuss specifics on Business Plan submission, specifically the information required in the Appendix. If you do not make this meeting you are disqualified. A maximum of two people per business group may attend.
Requirements For Finalists:
- Two Presenters maximum
- Presenters must be members of business’s staff
- Ten minute maximum presentation time
- Two minute set-up time
- Three minute Q&A from judges
- Power Points may be used (max. of five slides)
Disclaimer: All judges’ decisions are subjective and final.