If you are a first time borrower of Stafford Loans, it is a requirement that you complete Entrance Loan Counseling before any Stafford loans can be disbursed
Loan Counseling is designed to educate you, the student loan borrower, of your rights and responsibilities to Federal Student Loans.
- If you have a Stafford Loan only, visit studentloans.gov to complete loan entrance counseling for your Stafford Loans
- If you have a Grad PLUS Loan, visit studentloans.gov to complete loan entrance counseling for your Graduate PLUS Loan
As a condition of borrowing Federal Direct Student Loans, borrowers are required to complete Exit Counseling when they leave the university for any amount of time (including taking a term off) or graduated (including moving from one degree program to the next). Through Exit Counseling, a student borrower:
- Reviews their borrowing history and loan servicer
- Forecasts monthly payments and how they look under a variety of repayment plans
- Identifies strategies to successfully manage repayment
As a Federal Direct Student Loan borrower, we are required to remind you of your responsibility to complete Exit Counseling. Complete this counseling requirement online by signing into your http://www.studentloans.gov/ student borrower account.