Whether you are an active-duty servicemember or a student veteran, Southern New Hampshire University will help you continue your education. Admission, financial aid and benefit resources are just the beginning. As a college for veterans, SNHU will help you connect with your peers to ensure success in your academic career.
We understand the value of your military experience and we evaluate it as part of the admissions process, along with your previous academic achievements. Veterans apply through SNHU’s Office of Transfer Admission whose job it is to ensure you get full credit for military training and education.
SNHU can help you take full advantage of your VA benefits if you are a veteran pursuing a college degree. SNHU will walk you through the process to identify your eligible benefits, including the Post 9/11 GI Bill. SNHU’s dedicated veteran certifying official will provide advice and counsel regarding financing your education.
Veterans are eligible for valuable educational benefits. SNHU can help you maximize those benefits to their full capacity. Veterans must enroll in four courses per 16-week semester to qualify for full-time VA benefits.
Per the VA's certification regulations, a non-matriculated student will not be certified for educational benefits after two terms of attendance.
How to Apply as a Traditional Day Student
When military veterans apply to the traditional undergraduate day program in Manchester, NH, they are assigned to an admission specialist who is trained to meet the specific needs of military veterans. Military experience is actively considered in the admission process – veterans are not reviewed for admission based solely on previous academic records.
- Apply Online or complete and submit a paper copy (PDF 80 kb).
- An attestation form (required for all applicants). Or An official high school transcript or equivalency (if less than with 12 completed credits were earned).
- Official college transcripts from every institution attended. We can request transcripts for you.
- Copy of DD-214 and any service school data including Joint Services Transcript.
- A list of your current college courses in progress. (Transfer Supplement form) (PDF 7 kb)
- VA application for benefits is available online at: http://www.va.gov/
Submit documents to:
Office of Transfer Admission
2500 North River Road
Manchester, NH 03106
Once a veteran is admitted to the day program and completes the necessary benefits paperwork:
- SNHU’s veterans certifying official will reach out promptly to review billing and financial aid.
- SNHU will waive the typical enrollment deposit and confirm enrollment with the student.
- There is a one-day Orientation prior to the traditional freshman orientation session where Veterans will learn about services, policies, and the campus culture while completing pre-enrollment tasks required of all new students.
- There will be a chance to meet other new and current veterans while finding out more about life on campus as a military student.