All CED Students are advised to review the Financial Aid Resource Publications from the U.S. Department of Education and SNHU's Financial Aid FAQs Additionally, All CED students are encouraged to review SNHU's Financial Award Guide.
Federal Stafford loans are available for eligible graduate students. Eligibility is determined by completing the FAFSA. If additional funds are needed, eligible students may apply for Grad Plus or alternative loans.
Student Check List
- Register for a federal PIN at http://www.pin.ed.gov/
The PIN is used to e-sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as well as to gain enter into a number of federal educational sites. If you have a PIN that you used as an undergrad or for e-signing a FAFSA for a dependent child, that PIN is still good.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Completing the online version of the FAFSA allows for faster processing. Normal processing time for the FAFSA is approximately seven to ten days if submitted electronically; four weeks for mailed submissions. In order for your information to be released to SNHU you must list SNHU’s Federal School Code (002580).
- Check the status of your submitted FAFSA
You may check the status of your FAFSA application at any time, but it is recommended that you at least check the status:
- 1 week after submission - if you used a PIN to sign your application.
- 2-3 weeks after submission - if you printed, signed and mailed a signature page.
- Once you have checked the status of your processed FAFSA, you should view and print your Student Aid Report (SAR).Your SAR will summarize the information you reported on your FAFSA. Your SAR will also contain comments that will alert you if further information is required to process your FAFSA. Please check this information carefully to make sure it is accurate. If further information is required please contact the Office of Financial Aid for assistance at 603.645.9645 or email@example.com.
If you have any further questions regarding financial aid at SNHU please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.645.9645.