The Graduate Programs in Community Mental Health and Mental Health Counseling (PCMH) admit students on a rolling admissions basis. Admission to the Graduate Programs in Community Mental Health and Mental Health Counseling is based on a careful review of each applicant’s qualifications. Particular attention is paid to past accomplishments and future promise in the field. Selected faculty members review applications and consider personal and professional experiences in addition to academic achievements.
Applications are accepted and reviewed throughout the calendar year, in the order in which they are received. Qualified applicants will be admitted on a first come, space available basis until each local cohort is closed for admission, according to the scheduling of the foundation courses (PCMH 600 and PCMH 610). Cohorts begin when a minimum number of qualified applications have been accepted.
All items required to complete an Application for Admission to PCMH, are as follows:
- $40.00 application fee;
- Completed Graduate Program in Community Mental Health and Mental Health Counseling Application Form
- A recent resume of all education, work and volunteer experience;
- An essay, as defined by the application form (see form for details);
- A minimum of two references (academic, professional or both) using the PCMH Reference Forms;
- An official transcript for the accredited college or university where you completed your bachelor’s degree (request that an official copy be sent directly to PCMH Admissions, by mail:). Additional transcripts for completion of other undergraduate or graduate coursework may also be requested. We can also help you request your transcript.
Please download and print forms for submission, along with your application fee, essay and resume. If you need assistance or would like forms and materials sent to you, please contact PCMH Admissions at email@example.com or 800-730-5542.
Submit application materials to:
Southern New Hampshire University
Vermont Programs – PCMH Admissions
463 Mountain View Drive, Suite 101
Colchester, VT 05446
Phone: 800.730.5542 Fax: 802-655-0236
Non-degree Seeking Students:
Individuals may take up to six credits without enrolling in a degree program, with permission of the program. Those who already have a master’s degree and wish to take additional courses may be permitted to take more than six credits. Not all courses are available as non-degree options. Those interested in enrolling in selected courses should contact PCMH Admissions to learn about your options for doing so, and how to arrange for registration if appropriate. Registration should take place 4-6 weeks before a class begins.
Program in Community Mental Health and Mental Health Counseling Costs
|Academic Year (Sept. 2014 - Aug. 2015)|
|Orientation Weekend fee||$501|
|Tuition Sept. 2014-Aug. 2015||$501 per credit hour|
|Books & readings (estimated)||$75 - $150 per course|