- Complete & submit the application (including the essay & fee):
- Submit documents to SNHU Admission:
- Your official high school transcript (or GED)
- SAT or ACT scores (optional). Our School code is 3649. Not submitting test scores will not count against students applying for merit aid; however, students are encouraged to submit their test scores, as high scores can help with securing larger academic scholarships.
- One letter of recommendation from your school counselor or a teacher.
- Creative Writing Majors: an additional 10-page writing sample is required.
- 3YR Honors Program in Business Administration Majors: an interview with the 3YR Program is required for admission to the program. Please contact, Kyle Viator to schedule the appointment.
- Honors Program Applicants: an additional essay and completed Honors application
- Explore financial aid.
- Contact your Admission Counselor if you have questions along the way.
You can apply anytime, but we recommend that you apply;
- Before March 15 for fall admission
- Before Dec. 1 for spring
As of March 15, we are no longer accepting any, new Resident application. Commuter applications are still being considered for admission.
Freshman applicants can apply before Nov. 15 (for the fall),
and get an admission decision by Dec. 15.
If you’re applying as a transfer student, see transferring to SNHU.
Freshman Application Guidelines
As we look at your application, our first consideration is your academic background. We also look for well-rounded students who have a variety of interests and have been involved in school and/or community activities.
Most candidates admitted to SNHU have completed 16 college-prep courses, including:
- Four years of English
- Three or more years of mathematics
- Two or more years of science
- Two or more years of social science