The wellness housing floor is located in Chocorua Hall, part of the Upper Suites area on campus. It is conveniently located in the center of campus, providing for easy access to the Student Center, the library, and most classroom buildings.
The floor consists of a traditional hall format, with two common lounges located at each end of the floor. The floor is co-ed in occupancy and houses up to 25 students, including the Resident Assistant. The majority of rooms are double occupancy.
Some unique aspects of the floor that you might find attractive:
- Group commitment to the goal of Wellness Housing
- Family-like atmosphere
- Residents of varying ages, class level, and majors.
- Special group activities and field trips.
- Resident input and involvement in program planning.
- Special guidelines regarding the use of alcohol and other drugs.
- One common lounge area stocked with games, film library, a TV, a VCR, and a DVD player for group socializing.
- A second common lounge area designed for group study and quiet space.
- A common kitchen space stocked with a microwave, refrigerator, toaster oven, coffee maker and additional appliances.
- Smoke-free environment.