Tuition Assistance, Military Benefits, Fees and Policies

What will this cost?

Use our Net price calculator to see how affordable a degree at SNHU really is.

SNHU low tuition cost comparison

SNHU applies military tuition assistance funds towards the payment of tuition for all active-duty servicemembers and their spouses at a rate of $225 per credit hour or $675 per course for undergraduate courses and $470 per credit hour or $1,410 per course for graduate courses. Multiple discounts cannot be combined.  SNHU will honor the higher discount  percentage.

Mail, fax, or email the appropriate tuition authorizations to:

SNHU Online Admissions
33 South Commercial Street
Suite 203
Manchester, NH 03101-2626
Fax: 603.645.9706

Veteran's Benefits

SNHU is approved for the education of veterans and other eligible persons. A full-time academic load at SNHU, two courses per each nine-week undergraduate term or two courses per ten-week graduate term, qualifies you for full-time VA benefits.  To maintain a full-time status, you must take courses per your degree plan. The only exception is the last term before graduation.

If you are a new veteran student, you should select your degree program, complete an SNHU application and submit the following documents to SNHU, and matriculate as soon as possible. Per the VA’s certification regulations, a non-matriculated student will not be certified for educational benefits after two terms of attendance.

  • Official Joint Services Transcripts (JST) or college and high school transcripts
  • Copy of DD-214 and any service school data including JST transcripts
  • VA application for benefits is available online at:

If you are enrolling under the Montgomery GI Bill for the first time, it could take up to three months before you receive your first check.  If you transfer from another institution where you had been using VA benefits, make sure the institution notifies the VA of your effective date of termination.

If you were approved for the GI Bill and have not used your benefits, you need to complete a VA 22-1990 form (Application for Benefits) and send it to the VA with a copy of your DD 214 and NOBE.  If you have used the GI Bill at another institution, you will also need to complete VA 22-1995.

The VA requires strict compliance with several regulations, including maintaining satisfactory academic progress and notification of any changes in status such as withdrawal from a course.  It is your responsibility to be aware of all VA regulations that affect your educational program.

Contact Us

Phone: 888.327.SNHU