Southern New Hampshire University 2015 Commencement Ceremonies are being held in the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH.
To accommodate all of our graduates and their guests, three ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 9th; one ceremony for our University College Undergraduate Students & Doctoral Students; one ceremony for all Graduate Students - Master’s Degree Candidates; and one for COCE Undergraduate Students, including Advantage and College for America Students.
The times for each ceremony are as follows:
- University College Student Ceremony - This ceremony will start promptly at 9 a.m.
- Including Undergraduate, Masters (M.Ed. Field Based Education, MS Community Mental Health, and MS Teaching English as a Foreign Language) & Doctoral Students
- College of Online & Continuing Education Graduate Student Ceremony - This ceremony will start promptly at 1 p.m.
- Master’s Degree Candidates
- College of Online & Continuing Education Undergraduate Student Ceremony - This ceremony will start promptly at 5 p.m.
- Including Advantage & College for America
Important Commencement Information
- Is there special seating for those with disabilities?
Cap & Gown:
- Is a cap and gown (regalia) required to participate in Graduation?
The SNHU Bookstore will distribute caps and gowns starting in the beginning of April. They will hold two in-store distribution nights for students able to participate. More details will be communicated to all eligible students through their SNHU email account. Any student unable to attend these events will have their regalia mailed to the address listed on the Petition to Graduate Form they submitted to the Registrar.
Yes. Often students will decorate their caps. This practice is acceptable as long as it is done in a respectful manner.
This video can help graduates understand how to put on their cap and gown, otherwise known as regalia.
- Is there a graduation practice before the ceremony?
Graduates should enter by the side doors (Cedar/Auburn Street). If they happen to enter by the front doors, they should make their way to the backstage part of the arena to prepare for the ceremony. They should plan on arriving 60 minutes before the start of the commencement ceremony.
The ceremonies begin promptly in the following order:
- 9:00 a.m. - University College Undergraduate Students & Doctoral Students
- 1:00 p.m. – COCE Graduate Students (Master’s Degree Candidates)
- 5:00 p.m. - COCE Undergraduate Students, including Advantage Students and College for America
Yes. Elevators are located to the right in the front lobby of the Verizon Wireless Arena.
Typically, the ceremonies will last approximately 2 to 3 hours. This depends on the number of graduates participating in the ceremony. Concession stands are open with refreshments.
Balloons and outside food and beverages are not allowed to be brought into the arena. There will be refreshment stations available in the facility where food and beverages can be purchased. Strollers and backpacks are also not allowed in the arena.
When the graduates check-in at the Registrar table in the Verizon Wireless Arena, they will be given instructions how to line-up for the procession.
All graduates are expected to be at the ceremony for its duration.
Southern New Hampshire University's graduation ceremonies are available to view via a live web stream on the front page of the SNHU website.
- When will graduates get their diploma?
- How do guests get their tickets?
Graduates wishing to request more than the number of tickets distributed with their cap and gown can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests will be honored while ticket supplies last.
Generally, children 3 years old and under are not required to have a ticket, unless they are going to use a seat.
- What are announcements?
Announcements can be purchased through Jostens, and can be ordered here.
- Where can I park?
Pictures & Graduation Video:
- Do graduates need to pre-register for graduation pictures?
Please do not approach the stage. For safety concerns, guests of the graduates are not allowed on the floor during the ceremony. However, while space permits, families sitting towards the front of the arena will have a better opportunity of being able to take pictures without leaving their seats.
Unfortunately, no. There will be ample opportunity to take pictures at the reception, which will be held at the Dining Center on the main campus immediately after the ceremony. Also, pictures can be taken outside the main entrance of the arena with no restrictions.
Graduates will receive a digital proof of the photos taken within a few weeks following the ceremony. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com. After the ceremony orders may be placed online at http://www.gradimages.com/ or by calling 800.261.2576.
Yes. The SNHU Media Services Department is pleased to offer a professional quality DVD of the ceremonies. The price is $10 for the DVD, which includes shipping and handling.
- Is there a reception after the ceremony?
The best place to park on campus is parking lot 26-C, which is behind the Dining Center (Building 21) where the reception is being held. (Directions)