Transfer FAQs

Student; On campus
Learn more
Amber Chandronnait

Do I qualify as a transfer student?

You need to apply as a transfer student if you have completed four or more classes at the college level. Students who have taken classes for college credit while still enrolled in high school are not transfer students.

Who transfers to SNHU?

As we look at your application, our first consideration is your college academic performance. Most successful transfer applicants have a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale). We also look for well-rounded students who have a variety of interests and have been involved in school and/or community activities.

How many credits transfer?

We offer generous transfer credit policies. An official credit evaluation is completed for each student as part of the application review process. You will receive your official transfer credit evaluation upon acceptance to the university. Courses with a grade of “C-” or higher are generally transferable if the cumulative GPA of course work at the institution is a 2.0 or higher. These must be college-level courses from an accredited institution and must fit the requirements of your degree program.  We accept up to 30 credits toward an associate degree and up to 90 credits toward a bachelor’s degree. Students must complete their last 30 credits at SNHU to receive a degree. At least four of those classes (12 credits) must be within your major.

How will the university help me transition to attending classes on the main campus?

Along with financial aid counseling and one-on-one academic advising offered throughout the year, we also host three orientation programs for incoming transfer students:

  • Summer Orientation in mid-June, before freshmen Orientation programs (for students starting with a fall term)
  • First Days program, opening of the fall term in August (for students starting with a fall term)
  • Spring Orientation program, in January (for students starting with a spring term)

These programs are required for all transfer students who wish to attend as full-time undergraduate day students. The programs focus on the social, academic and personal transition issues that all new students face when going to college.

(For residents) How will you decide where I live?

Assignments are completed based on the date you pay your deposit in addition to the information you provide on your Residence Preference form. We will also consider number of credit hours completed, age and housing preference when assigning transfer students to housing.

I have a disability. What kind of support is available?

The Office of Disability Services coordinates the accommodations and services for students with documented mobility, sensory, psychiatric and/or learning disabilities.

Is there academic support if I need it?

Yes. The Learning Center is available to all undergraduate day students.

Can I graduate with honors from SNHU?

Graduation with distinction from Southern New Hampshire University is awarded to students who meet the minimum GPA requirement and who have completed a minimum of 60 credits of SNHU course work in a bachelor’s degree program or 30 credits of course work in an associate degree program. Specific GPA requirements for various honors recognitions are noted in the academic catalog; questions may be directed to the Office of the Registrar.

Contact Us

Undergraduate Day Transfer Admission

Office Hours:
Mon.- Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm

Phone: 603.645.9687
Fax: 603.645.9693

Online Transfer Admission

Phone: 1.800.668.1249