Master of Arts in Teaching English Prepares You For a Rewarding Career
Through a combination of course work, research and applying what you learn in a real classroom, the Master of Arts in Teaching English program merges theory with practice to help you become a leader in your profession. Your professors will challenge you to expand your content expertise and improve your ability to connect with students so you can inspire and encourage them to reach their full potential.
Some of the many topics you will explore in the Master of Arts in Teaching English program include:
- Methods of Teaching In Secondary Schools
- The Educational Factors of Diversity
- Assessment, Accountability and Teaching in the Classroom
- Writing Workshops for Educators
- Children With Exceptionalities
Steady Job Growth Projected for Teachers
Earning your Master of Arts in Teaching English will allow you to improve your marketability at your current school, or compete for a growing number of teaching jobs at other schools. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, between 2008 and 2018, employment of middle school teachers is expected to grow by 15 percent and high school teachers by nine percent. The BLS further reports that a earning a master's degree "often results in a raise in pay."
Education programs are accredited by:
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission
- New Hampshire State Department of Education for Teacher Certification