Earn the New Standard in HR Certification.
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you're prepared with Southern New Hampshire University’s HR Certification Prep Course designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
Why Enroll in This Course
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) which encourages HR professionals to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
As part of your course, you will receive the NEW 2015 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules in print and e-reader formats, and advanced online resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
By attending our course, you'll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
HR Certification Prep Course Topics
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you’ll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- HR Competencies
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
Who Should Attend
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
- Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to 1 year of experience.
- HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
- Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
- SHRM membership is not required.
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
On Campus Session Starts:
- Spring: Feb. 13 - Apr. 10, 2015 (Manchester, NH, campus - executive format)
Online Course Starts:
- Fall: September 28 - Dec. 6, 2015
On-Campus Course Schedule
Sessions offered in an executive schedule format.
|2015 SHRM Spring Term||Feb. 13 - Apr. 10, 2015|
|Fridays - 2/13, 2/27, 3/14, 4/10||3:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturdays - 2/21, 3/27, 4/4||8:30 a.m. - noon, 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
*Students have continued access to the course and instructor through the end of the term to review exam results in relation to course objectives and learning outcomes. This enables students to hone in on areas needed for further study in advance of the national HR exam.
The cost for the course is $1,190 which includes all books and materials as well as the web-based resources that are considered essential for computer-based testing preparation. SHRM members receive a $65 discount (total cost $1,125). Payment is required at least two weeks prior to the start of the course in order to guarantee placement for the on campus class. Online payment is required one week prior to start of the online class.
For best results, schedule your certification exam for a date that is after the end of your particular class section. The next test window is (May 1 – July 15, 2015).
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Exam Schedule
|Exam Testing Window||Regular Application Deadline||Late Application Deadline|
|Spring: May 1- July 15, 2015||March 13, 2015||April 17, 2015|
|Winter: December 1, 2015 – February 15, 2016||October 16, 2015||November 13, 2015|
A 50-percent cancellation fee is accessed to participants who cancel within two weeks prior to the start of the course. Participants who withdraw after the first class meeting are not entitled to a refund.