Apply: MFA in Fiction and Nonfiction
In Southern New Hampshire University's Low-Residency MFA in Fiction and Nonfiction, you will spend two years honing your skills in a small cohort of students, learning from national best-selling and award-winning authors, and receiving personal consultation from leading agents and editors.
- March 1st for the June, 2015 cohort.
- October 1st for the January, 2016 cohort.
Applications for the MFA program will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Because we accept only 15 -17 new students per residency, we encourage candidates to apply early. Depending upon availability, we may consider candidates after an application deadline.
How to apply:
- Submit the SNHU application form with the $40 application fee.
- Submit an official transcript from the college or university that conferred your bachelor's degree.
- Submit an 800-1000 word personal statement describing your writing experience and the nature of your commitment to writing. Please include your assessment of why you are a good candidate for the program. We are always interested in learning about a candidate’s academic, personal and professional experiences.
- Submit a 20-page, double-spaced writing sample, using 12 pt. font, in fiction or nonfiction. Your writing sample may consist of a novel excerpt, a story, or multiple stories, if fiction, or a memoir excerpt, a creative essay, or multiple creative essays, if nonfiction.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from people capable of assessing your ability to work independently and your preparation to succeed in an MFA program.
Submit documents to:
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 North River Road Manchester, NH 03106
You may also submit documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.