Apply: MFA Writing Program
In Southern New Hampshire University's low-residency MFA creative writing programs in fiction and nonfiction, you will spend two years honing your skills in a small cohort of students, learning from national best-selling and award winning authors, and receiving personal consultation from leading agents and editors in the publishing field.
Application Deadlines: November 1st for the January cohort and April 1st for the June cohort. Applications for the MFA creative writing programs will be reviewed based on a rolling basis. Because we accept only 15 -17 new students per residency, we encourage candidates to apply early. Depending upon space availability, we may consider candidates following an application deadline.
How to apply:
1. Submit the SNHU application form with the $40 application fee.
2. Submit an official transcript from the college or university from where the applicant's bachelor's degree was conferred. We can do it for you.
3. Submit an 800-1000 word personal statement describing your writing experience and your commitment to writing. Please include your assessment of why you are a good candidate for the MFA creative writing programs at SNHU. We are always interested in learning of a candidate’s academic experience, personal experience, and any career paths the candidate may have taken that have led him/her to consider an MFA degree.
4. Submit a 20-page, double-spaced writing sample, using 12 pt. font, in creative fiction or nonfiction. Your writing sample need not be from the same body of work.
5. Submit 2 letters of recommendation from those capable of assessing your ability to work independently and your preparation to succeed in the low residency MFA creative writing programs.
Submit documents to:
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 North River Road Manchester, NH 03106
You may also submit documents electronically to mailto:email@example.com.