Prepare for a Competitive Future with an MBA in Sport Management
SNHU’s MBA in Sport Management combines a solid foundation in business with a special emphasis on the business of sports, offering a well-rounded education for anyone who wants to move up the ladder or make a career change. Because of the breadth of courses offered in sports management online - which range from Sport Marketing and Media to Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making - you'll graduate with a broad set of skills and knowledge you can apply right away, no matter your career path.
- Develop core business skills, from strategic planning to research analysis, alongside a strong foundation in the principles of sport business.
- From business development to brand building to event planning, the MBA in Sport Management establishes you as a leader with a real-world perspective on the industry.
- Develop strategic perspectives in the sports industry with a focus on international business, licensing, marketing, sales and strategic alliances.
- Gain an understanding of the interrelationships between institutions, culture and humanity and their impact on sport-based businesses.
- Understand the diversity of career opportunities in an industry that's more diverse than you ever imagined - from event and facilities management to business development to promotions.
Resources for Your MBA in Sport Management
Sport Management Club
Provides students with the opportunity to experience the different aspects of the sport industry and to learn about the field first-hand.
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
Promotes and supports leadership, research, education, and best practices in the professions that support creative, healthy, and active lifestyles.
International Association of Assembly Managers
Committed to the professional operation of amphitheaters, arenas, auditoriums, convention centers/exhibit halls, performing arts venues, race tracks, stadiums and university complexes.
International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association
The fitness industry’s only global trade association.
North American Society for Sport Management
Promotes, stimulates, and encourages study, research, scholarly writing, and professional development in the area of sport management — both theoretical and applied aspects.
National Association of Sports Officials
The world's largest organization for sports officials at every level and all sports.
National Sporting Goods Association
Supports retailers, dealers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and sales agents in the sporting goods industry.
Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association
The trade association of leading industry sports and fitness brands, SGMA enhances industry vitality and fosters sports and fitness participation through research, thought leadership, product promotion and public policy.
Sport Marketing Association
Strives to develop beneficial relationships between sport marketing professionals and academicians through expansion of the field's body of knowledge and multiple forums for professional interaction.
SNHU Internship and Jobs List
List of companies and organizations where SNHU Sport Management graduates land internships and jobs.
SNHU's Career Development Center – Sport Management Career Options
Document that outlines all of the career options for students earning degrees in sport management.
SNHU's Sport Management News
Stories about some of SNHU's sport management students, alumni and professors who are making news.
SNHU is a fully accredited university. Access our list of accreditations. More...