Combining Business Savvy with Environmental Purpose
Designed for individuals who want to make a difference in the world, Southern New Hampshire University's Master of Business Administration in Sustainability and Environmental Compliance teaches you how to apply practical solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing society now and in the foreseeable future. By combining a solid foundation in business with a special emphasis on environmental issues, graduates leave with the ability to:
- Understand how energy requirements affect society and the environment
- Convey the practicality of addressing environmental issues as a more efficient way to do business
- Critically examine energy-related issues and the ecological consequences of a given situation
- Present accurate and cogent arguments to decision-makers that provide a diversity of perspectives
- Make recommendations for regulatory responses and actions
- Recognize the role that sustainability and environmental compliance play in community building, social engagement, civic participation, and political activism
- Apply the knowledge they learn to make a difference within an organization, a community, and society at large
Careers Available to Sustainability Professionals
Students can pursue careers in renewable energy and sustainable business for both large and small firms, renewable energy and sustainability trade associations, ecological advocacy organizations, municipal and ecological regulatory agencies and large energy users — just to name a few. Also, because this is an accredited, high-quality masters program, students graduate with the business acumen necessary to succeed in any work environment, no matter what their aspirations.
Sunny Forecast for Green Jobs
With the growth of "green-collar" jobs on the rise, fueled by the increasing interest in climate change and alternative energy, the career outlook is promising for anyone interested in environmental and sustainability careers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, for example, the management, scientific, and technical consulting services industry (which includes environmental consulting) is projected to be the fastest growing, with employment rising 83 percent through 2020. In its report, the BLS states, “Finally, businesses will continue to need advice on compliance with government workplace safety and environmental laws
MBA in Sustainability - Online Resources
SNHU's Career Development Center – Environmental Career Options
Learn about the range of career options you will have with an environmentally-focused degree from SNHU.
United States Green Building Council
A nonprofit community of leaders working to make green buildings available to everyone within a generation.
Business for Social Responsibility
A leader in corporate responsibility since 1992, BSR works with its global network of more than 250 member companies to develop sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research and cross-sector collaboration.
The Natural Step
A nonprofit environmental education organization working to build an ecologically and economically sustainable society.
Environmentally Sustainable Students
Its mission is to serve the community as an environmentally sustainable resource through education, service and activism.
SNHU is a fully accredited university. Access our list of accreditations. More...