One of the most established sports management graduate programs in the nation
Southern New Hampshire University’s Sport Management graduate program provides the training you'll need to break into the ultra-competitive business of sports with confidence. Whether you see yourself working in marketing, facilities management, event planning or any number of sport management careers, the sports management graduate program offers the following advantages to help you launch your career:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience – Through internships, you'll gain real-world experience before you even venture into the real world — which is exactly what sports management organizations want to see from candidates.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills – You'll learn how to present your case — both in person and on paper — so you can persuade, convince and educate an audience.
- Ability to think critically and creatively – You'll discover how to effectively problem-solve in a fast-paced environment, individually and as part of a team.
- Savvy business sense – From strategic planning to market analysis to research tactics, you'll gain the foundation in business you'll need to thrive in the sports business.
- Knowledge of the wide range of career choices – Because you'll be introduced to such a diverse industry, you'll learn about career opportunities you might never have considered. For more information, see SNHU's Career Development Center – Sport Management Outlook.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a master’s degree in sports management can help you get a higher-level position in the industry. The job outlook is good, with careers in athletic management, marketing, sales, public relations and more expected to see growth of seven to 13 percent over the next eight years.
Here is a list of just a few of the organizations where you'll find SNHU sport management graduates:
- Boston Bruins
- Boston Celtics
- United States Olympic Committee
- Manchester Monarchs
- New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- America East Conference
- Northeast-10 Conference
- Eastern College Athletic Conference
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Gunstock Ski Area
- New Hampshire Golf Association
Founded more than 25 years ago, Southern New Hampshire University’s Sport Management master’s degree program is one of the most established and prestigious programs in the U.S. and one of just a few accredited sport management programs in New England. Offered completely online, the program is available in a flexible format to best fit the needs of working professionals and provides an opportunity to gain industry experience through a required internship.
Careers for Your MS in Sport Management
Sport Management Club
Provides students with the opportunity to experience the different aspects of the sport industry and to learn, first hand, about the field.
North American Society for Sport Management
Promotes, stimulates, and encourages study, research, scholarly writing, and professional development in the area of sport management — both theoretical and applied aspects.
National Association of Sports Officials
The world's largest organization for sports officials at every level and all sports.
National Sporting Goods Association
Supports retailers, dealers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and sales agents in the sporting goods industry.
Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association
The trade association of leading industry sports and fitness brands, SGMA enhances industry vitality and fosters sports and fitness participation through research, thought leadership, product promotion and public policy.
Sport Marketing Association
Strives to develop beneficial relationships between sport marketing professionals and academicians through expansion of the field's body of knowledge and multiple forums for professional interaction.
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance
Promotes and supports leadership, research, education, and best practices in the professions that support creative, healthy, and active lifestyles.
International Association of Assembly Managers
Committed to the professional operation of amphitheaters, arenas, auditoriums, convention centers/exhibit halls, performing arts venues, race tracks, stadiums and university complexes.
International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association
The fitness industry’s only global trade association.
SNHU Internship and Jobs List
List of companies and organizations where SNHU Sport Management graduates get internships and jobs.
SNHU's Career Development Center – Sport Management Career Options
Document that outlines all of the career options for students earning degrees in sport management.
SNHU's Sport Management News
Stories about some of SNHU's sport management students, alumni and professors who are making news.
SNHU is a fully accredited university. Access our list of accreditations. More...