Increasing Demand for Professionals with a Data Analytics Degree
The amount of information in the datastream is increasing at an incredible pace, but the number of analysts are not. In fact, a 2011 study by the McKinsey Global Institute suggests that we will not have enough professionals with adequate analytical experience – they are predicting a shortfall of between 140,000 and 190,00 by 2018. People who earn an online data analytics degree will be well equipped to take advantage of a strong job market.
Data Analytics Degree Job Opportunities
With a Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics from Southern New Hampshire University, you might pursue positions such as analytics analyst, applications analyst, business analyst, operations analyst, data mining analyst or applied statistician. Positions like these are available in nearly every industry, and in nonprofit and government agencies as well.
Expand Your Skills with an Online Degree in Data Analytics
Your in-depth course work in the SNHU data analytics degree program will increase your understanding and develop your information analysis expertise. Upon earning your BS degree in Data Analytics, you will be able to:
- Identify and define data challenges in a variety of industries
- Collect and organize information from many sources
- Communicate with workers and subject matter experts who are involved in the both broad-based and industry-specific situations
- Examine data and determine what is relevant and how to analyze it
- Use statistical analysis, simulation, and optimization to analyze data and develop applicable, real-world solutions
- Advise decision makers and stakeholders on the best courses of action
- Communicate findings and recommendations for managers, executives, and other officials