Rethink How Education is Delivered with a Master’s Degree in Leading and Learning in a Competency-Based System
Southern New Hampshire University has partnered with 2Revolutions , an education design lab that rethinks the future of schools and the education system, to offer an MEd in Leading and Learning in a Competency-Based System. This degree program is designed to empower educators to instruct, assess, and lead in a competency-based system.
Using a cohort model that fosters collaboration among educators, the program features a combination of online and face-to-face learning. Using a cohort model, the program is broken up into three distinct blocks. You may choose to focus on a full degree program, or you can opt to personalize your pathway to meet your goals:
- Completion of block one (15 credits) leads to a Certificate in Focus, Leading, Learning and Teaching in a Competency Based School
- Completion of block two (21 credits) leads to a Certificate in Collaborating to Build Teacher Knowledge of Assessment and Instruction in a Competency Based Model
- Completion of all three blocks (36 credits) leads to an MEd or CAGS in Leading and Learning in a Competency Based System
The SNHU MEd in Leading and Learning in a Competency-Based System through the 2Revolutions partnership is no longer accepting new students. For questions please contact email@example.com.
See Yourself Succeed with an MEd in Leading and Learning in a Competency-Based System
Designed to be completed in approximately 18 months, the MEd in Leading and Learning in a Competency-Based System program is built upon a transformational coaching model, enabling a balance between personal growth and practical problem solving for individuals and their school/district.
The program is designed to model a competency-based learning experience with a focus on demonstrating evidence of learning rather than seat-time expectations. Approximately 80% of learning will take place asynchronously, with 20% taking place synchronously through in person and virtual work with other educators from within your region and around the country.
As a private, nonprofit university, SNHU has one mission - to help you see yourself succeed. The benefits of enrolling in the field-based graduate programs in education at SNHU include:
- Constructivist classrooms. Our instructors design the classroom experience so that it begins with your experiences and builds toward exceptional practice in a collaborative manner.
- Relevance. All course material and assignments apply directly to your classroom practice. An action research project serves as the capstone in place of a traditional thesis.
- Impact. The action research project enables you to use your classroom as a laboratory of educational innovation.
- Supportive community. We have a deep understanding of how adults learn best, and we know all of our students personally. Our cohort model allows you to learn with colleagues.
- Affordability. SNHU is one of the most affordable private, nonprofit universities in New Hampshire.
- Convenience. Pursue your graduate degree or certificate where you work, and complete field studies around your teaching schedule.
SNHU requires an undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 (or equivalent) for admission. If you are an international student in need of a visa to study on campus, please see our international admission requirements.
Acceptance decisions are made on a rolling basis throughout the year for our three 16-week graduate terms. You can apply at any time and get a decision within two weeks of submitting all required materials. To apply, simply complete our online application form.
Careers & Outcomes
The MEd in Leading and Learning in a Competency-Based System program is designed for teachers and other school officials interested in exploring how a CBE system might benefit their school or school district. Graduates from this program will be prepared to facilitate a transition to a CBE model or to advise school officials on why such a transition might be beneficial. The cohort-based program model allows learners to earn their Master of Education without putting their careers on hold.
Program curriculum is split between online and in-person coursework, with online learning comprising approximately 80% of the program and in-person learning 20%. The program’s first block centers upon the focus, leading, learning and teaching in a competency-based school and grants a certification in CBE upon completion. The second block focuses on collaborating and building teacher knowledge of assessment and instruction in a competency-based model, while the third block will teach you to lead and support a competency-based system.
Earning your degree is a smart choice to advance your career, and investing in an affordable program increases your ROI. We keep our costs low to remove barriers between you and your goals.
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as well as several other accrediting bodies.