Getting to SNHU for International Travelers
SNHU's main campus is located in Manchester, New Hampshire. When making your travel arrangements, please consider the time it will take for you to reach SNHU. Students who need assistance from university offices should plan to arrive during the regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. If you will be arriving outside of these hours, please make sure you have secured overnight accommodation off campus.
When travelling to SNHU, there are a variety of travel options you can use - we recommend that you take time to consider these before you make your plane reservations as it may alter your decision on which airport you fly into.
Getting Here by Plane
Many of our overseas students find it convenient to fly directly into Manchester Airport; especially after a long flight. Manchester Airport is only a 15 minute taxi ride away from the university. We recommend that you check with your travel agent to see if Manchester is a good option for you.
The second closest airport is Logan Airport in Boston. The Airport is approximately an hour away and serviced by taxi, rental car and bus companies. The prices and convenience of these services will vary greatly so take the time to compare them.
Getting Here by Bus
SNHU is approximately four miles from the downtown Manchester bus terminal, where buses arrive from both Manchester Airport and Boston Logan. If you plan to take a bus to get to Manchester, make sure to:
- Carefully look at the bus schedules to see when the next bus to Manchester is; also see where in Manchester the bus stops - downtown or the airport.
- Consider the time it will take to get through immigration and customs as this may delay your ability to catch the next bus out.
- Check if you will need to transfer buses at South Station in Boston as you may need to switch buses and should plan your luggage accordingly.
- Bus companies to consider:
- Greyhound Bus is also available from South Station in Boston to Manchester. You can get to South Station from Logan airport by taxi or rapid transit system. Please note: Due to the global pandemic, service to Manchester has been temporarily suspended. Please check the Greyhound website for updates.
- Taxi and limousine services are also available from both Boston and Manchester airports.
Airport Pickup Service
For information on the availability, pick up locations and reserving of SNHU’s shuttle pick up service click here.