Studying at SNHU
At SNHU, your educational experience may be quite different from the teaching and learning experiences in your home country. The SNHU classroom culture tends to be student-centered. What this means is that students will be expected to be active participants in the learning process. One of our methods of delivery, our flipped-classroom structure, asks students to watch online lectures, complete course readings and engage in online discussions outside of class. The meeting in class then focuses on delving further into the materials and important concepts.
Other characteristics of the SNHU classroom culture our students engage in are:
- In classroom discussions
- Creating and delivering presentations
- Conducting original research
- Critically analyzing resources
- Meeting established deadlines
- Producing academic writing which follows referencing standards
- Working independently and within groups
To help you in your adjustment to academic life at SNHU, we have a number of teams to support you.
- Academic Advising (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Library and Learning Commons
- IT Help Desk / Technical Support
- Careers (We have specialist services for Undergraduates and Graduate Students)
- Your professors
We also encourage you to participate in our free Conversational English tutoring program. It is a great way to build your confidence in speaking and understanding English while helping you to adjust to American culture.