Higher Education, Lower Cost
Affordable pathways to your college degree.
College Redesigned to Fit Your Life
Earning your degree can be challenging with a busy work/life schedule. So we’ve partnered with your employer to reinvent higher education your way – offering quality online college programs that aren’t just affordable, but tailored to the way you learn best. Now it’s easier than ever to gain the degree or work-relevant skills you need to succeed.
Why Earn Your College Degree?
Employees with college degrees earned almost 65% more on average in 2017, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Earning your degree or certification can put you on track for promotions or a better career path.
Gain confidence and satisfaction, make your loved ones proud and learn new skills for the future.
Two Ways to Earn Your Degree
Whether you’ve been to college before or are considering it for the first time, an SNHU degree path can fit your goals and learning style in ways that might surprise you. Simply compare the paths below and find the program that seems right for you – then use our online reply form and we’ll contact you with details.
A few moments are all it takes to transform your future.
Earn your degree on a predictable schedule. Access course materials weekly – like quizzes, discussion boards and papers – and complete assignments when it's convenient for you ahead of set due dates.
Get credit for the college work you’ve already done. Transfer up to 90 undergraduate credits to save time and money.
Take 1-2 classes during 8- or 10-week terms.
Time to graduation depends on how many classes you need to take.
Work with instructors and classmates to complete weekly assignments and earn letter grades that count toward your final grade.
Choose from 200+ online undergraduate and graduate programs designed for working adults with busy lives.
Set Path Online Programs
Certificate (17 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's online certificate programs.
- Certificate - Accounting
- Certificate - Accounting (Grad)
- Certificate - Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security (Grad)
- Certificate - Athletic Administration (Grad)
- Certificate - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD (Grad)
- Certificate - Finance (Grad)
- Certificate - Forensic Accounting (Grad)
- Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Certificate - Human Resource Mgmt. (Grad)
- Certificate - Leadership of Nonprofit Orgs (Grad)
- Certificate - Marketing (Grad)
- Certificate - Operations & Supply Chain Mgmt (Grad)
- Certificate - Patient Safety & Quality (Grad)
- Certificate - Project Management (Grad)
- Certificate - Public Administration (Grad)
- Certificate - Six Sigma Black Belt (Grad)
- Certificate - Social Media (Grad)
Associate Degree (8 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's online associate programs.
- AA Digital Photography
- AA Liberal Arts
- AS Accounting
- AS Business Administration
- AS Criminal Justice
- AS Fashion Merchandising
- AS Information Technologies
- AS Marketing
Bachelor's Degree (116 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's online bachelor's programs.
- BA Anthropology
- BA Anthropology - Environmental Sustainability
- BA Anthropology - Geospatial Technologies
- BA Communication
- BA Communication - Business Communication
- BA Communication - New Media
- BA Communication - Professional Writing
- BA Communication - Public Relations
- BA Creative Writing & English
- BA Creative Writing & English - Fiction
- BA Creative Writing & English - Nonfiction
- BA Creative Writing & English - Poetry
- BA Creative Writing & English - Screenwriting
- BA Digital Photography
- BA English Language & Literature
- BA Game Art & Development
- BA General Studies
- BA Graphic Design & Media Arts
- BA Graphic Design & Media Arts - 3D Modeling
- BA Graphic Design & Media Arts - Web Design
- BA History
- BA History - American History
- BA History - European History
- BA History - Middle Eastern Studies
- BA History - Military History
- BA Human Services
- BA Human Services - Child & Family Services
- BA Human Services - Gerontology
- BA Human Services - Substance Abuse
- BA Information Technologies
- BA Mathematics
- BA Mathematics - Applied Mathematics
- BA Political Science
- BA Psychology
- BA Psychology - Addictions
- BA Psychology - Applied Psychology
- BA Psychology - Child & Adolescent Development
- BA Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- BA Psychology - Mental Health
- BA Psychology - Social Psychology
- BA Sociology
- BA Sociology - Community Health
- BS Accounting
- BS Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- BS Accounting Finance
- BS Business Admin
- BS Business Admin. - Accounting
- BS Business Admin. - Entrepreneurship
- BS Business Admin. - Finance
- BS Business Admin. - Healthcare Administration
- BS Business Admin. - Human Resources Mgmt.
- BS Business Admin. - Industrial Organizational Psychology
- BS Business Admin. - International Business
- BS Business Admin. - Management Information Systems
- BS Business Admin. - Marketing
- BS Business Admin. - Nonprofit Management
- BS Business Admin. - Organizational Leadership
- BS Business Admin. - Project Management
- BS Business Admin. - Public Administration
- BS Business Admin. - Sport Management
- BS Community Health Education
- BS Computer Science
- BS Computer Science - Data Analysis
- BS Computer Science - Information Security
- BS Computer Science - Project Management
- BS Computer Science - Software Engineering
- BS Criminal Justice
- BS Criminal Justice - Corrections
- BS Criminal Justice - Criminology
- BS Criminal Justice - Homeland Sec. & Terrorism
- BS Criminal Justice - Human Services & Advocacy
- BS Criminal Justice - Police Admin. & Operations
- BS Criminal Justice - Substance Abuse
- BS Cyber Security - Data Analytics
- BS Cyber Security - Project Management
- BS Cybersecurity
- BS Data Analytics
- BS Data Analytics - Project Management
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Environmental Science - Geospatial Technologies
- BS Environmental Science - Natural Resources & Conservation
- BS Fashion Merchandising Management
- BS Finance
- BS Finance - Financial Planning
- BS Game Programming & Development
- BS Geosciences
- BS Geosciences - Geospatial Technology
- BS Geosciences - Natural Resources & Conservation
- BS Health Information Management
- BS Health Science
- BS Healthcare Administration
- BS Healthcare Administration - Health Information Management
- BS Healthcare Administration - Patient Safety and Quality
- BS Information Technologies
- BS Information Technologies - Business Management
- BS Information Technologies - Cyber Security
- BS Information Technologies - Data Analytics
- BS Information Technologies - Project Management
- BS Management Information Systems (MIS)
- BS Management Information Systems (MIS) - IT Management
- BS Management Information Systems (MIS) - Project Management
- BS Marketing
- BS Marketing - Digital Marketing
- BS Marketing - Social Media Marketing
- BS Nursing - Accelerated RN to MSN
- BS Nursing - RN to BSN
- BS Operations Management
- BS Ops Mgmt - Logistics & Transport
- BS Ops Mgmt - Project Management
- BS Public Health
- BS Sport Management
- BS Technical Management II
- Course Work Only - Undergrad
- Course Work Only - Undergrad CCAF
- Course Work Only - Undergrad Nursing
Master's Degree (95 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's online master's programs.
- Course Work Only (Grad)
- Course Work Only Nursing (Grad)
- MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MA Communication
- MA Communication - New Media & Marketing
- MA Communication - Public Relations
- MA English
- MA English & Creative Writing
- MA English & Creative Writing - Fiction
- MA English & Creative Writing - Nonfiction
- MA English & Creative Writing - Poetry
- MA English & Creative Writing - Screenwriting
- MA History
- MA History - American History
- MA History - Military History
- MA History - Public History
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (MPH) - Global Health
- MBA Accounting
- MBA Business Intelligence
- MBA Engineering Management
- MBA Entrepreneurship
- MBA Finance
- MBA Healthcare Management
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA Information Technology Management
- MBA International Business
- MBA International Finance
- MBA International Supply Chain Management
- MBA Leadership
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Music Business
- MBA Operations & Supply Chain Management
- MBA Project Management
- MBA Public Administration
- MBA Quantitative Analysis
- MBA Sport Management
- MBA Sustainability & Environmental Compliance
- MEd Curriculum & Instruction
- MEd Curriculum & Instruction - Dyslexia & LBLD
- MEd Curriculum & Instruction - Ed. Leadership
- MEd Curriculum & Instruction - Reading
- MEd Curriculum & Instruction - Special Ed.
- MEd Curriculum & Instruction - Tech. Integration
- MFA Creative Writing
- MS Accounting
- MS Accounting - Auditing
- MS Accounting - Forensic Accounting
- MS Accounting - Management Accounting
- MS Accounting - Taxation
- MS Accounting Finance
- MS Applied Economics
- MS Criminal Justice
- MS Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- MS Criminal Justice - Public Safety Administration
- MS Cyber Security
- MS Cyber Security - IT Management
- MS Data Analytics
- MS Finance
- MS Finance - Corporate Finance
- MS Finance - Investments
- MS Health Information Management
- MS Healthcare Administration
- MS Higher Education Administration
- MS Human Resource Management
- MS Information Technology
- MS Information Technology - Data Analytics
- MS Information Technology - Database Design
- MS Information Technology - Health Informatics
- MS Information Technology - Information Sec.
- MS Information Technology - IT Management
- MS Information Technology - Software App Dev
- MS Information Technology - Web Design
- MS Management
- MS Management - Construction Management
- MS Management - Emergency Management
- MS Management - Healthcare
- MS Marketing
- MS Marketing - Digital Marketing
- MS Marketing - Marketing Research & Analytics
- MS Marketing - New Media & Communications
- MS Marketing - Social Media Marketing
- MS Organizational Leadership
- MS Project Management & Operations
- MS Psychology
- MS Psychology - Child & Adolescent Dev. Psych.
- MS Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- MS Psychology - Industrial-Organizational Psych.
- MS Sport Management
- MSN Clinical Nurse Leader
- MSN Nurse Educator
- MSN Nursing
- MSN Patient Safety & Quality
Earn your degree on a more personalized path. Start with all your program materials and complete as many projects as you’re able to on your schedule – with the freedom to accelerate (minimum 6 projects per 16-week term).
Save time and money by showing the skills and knowledge you already have, and spend more time only on what’s left to learn.
Set your own project deadlines during 16-week terms (minimum 6 projects per 16-week term).
Time to graduation depends on how fast you successfully complete the required projects.
Work on projects independently to show you’ve mastered the required skills – still with the support of your Advisor and Academic experts. Once you’ve mastered each skill, you can move on to the next one.
Choose from select online undergraduate programs in General Studies, Business Management, Healthcare Management and Communications.
Personal Path Online Programs
Certificate (1 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's certificate programs.
- Certificate in Healthcare Management Fundamentals
Associate Degree (3 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's certificate programs.
- AA General Studies with a concentration in Business
- AA General Studies with a concentration in Transforming the Customer Experience
- AA Healthcare Management
Bachelor's Degree (7 options)
Take the next step toward earning an advanced degree, or complement an existing one with SNHU's bachelor's programs.
- BA Healthcare Management with a concentration in Communications
- BA Healthcare Management with a concentration in Global Perspectives
- BA in Communication with a concentration in Healthcare Management
- BA in Communications with a concentration in Business
- BA Management with a concentration in Insurance
- BA Management with a concentration in Logistics and Operations
- BA Management with a concentration Public Administration
Affordable Tuition for District of Columbia Employees
Degree programs for our partner’s employees and their families are designed to be highly affordable – in fact, they feature some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation.
Cost for SNHU’s set path degree is $864 per course (undergraduate) or $1,693 per course (graduate), which reflects a 10% tuition discount for employees. Tuition for SNHU’s personal path degree programs is $3,000 annually. Also, learn more about the online tuition discount extended to your family members through SNHU.
Your individual cost will vary based on chosen degree level, transfer credits and other factors, so submit the online request form, and an SNHU admission counselor will be happy to contact you with additional details.
I definitely would not have been able to do it without SNHU. SNHU has (been) really helpful. It keeps my mind active.Chris Bell Degree In MS Information Technology - Web Design 2016
Time is valuable, and it can be productive if I use it properly. And that's how it is with SNHU. It fits into your life.Adetokunbo Osinowo Degree In BS Business Admin. - Human Resources Mgmt. 2020
A Degree from One of America’s Most Innovative Universities
A private, nonprofit and accredited institution currently serving more than 100,000 learners, Southern New Hampshire University is recognized as the “Most Innovative” regional university by U.S. News & World Report for its commitment to flexible degree pathways for working adults. SNHU provides unparalleled support and service in its mission to expand access to education and meet the unique needs of all people – in all 50 states, and in countries worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to enroll?
Anyone can enroll in SNHU’s course-based Set Path degree programs. As an employee of an SNHU partner, you also have the option of enrolling in one of SNHU’s competency-based Personal Path programs.
Regardless of the program you choose, it’s a good idea to check with your benefits specialist about any education benefits that apply. You may be eligible for a tuition discount due to an arrangement between SNHU and your employer.
How do I get started?
Filling out the request form on this page only takes a few moments. After you submit it to SNHU, an admission counselor will contact you soon to answer any questions – all without any charge or obligation.
What is the application process like?
Whether you're applying for an undergraduate or graduate program at SNHU, you'll start with two simple steps:
- Complete the online application
- Speak with an SNHU admission counselor, who will walk you through the rest of the process
There is no fee to apply for any undergraduate degree program. For graduate programs, there is a non-refundable $40 fee. You can learn more at 1-888-387-0861 or email@example.com.
How much will it cost to earn my degree?
SNHU online classes are among the most affordable in the nation. In fact, tuition rates for SNHU’s online Set Path programs haven’t increased since 2012. Here are the basic costs.
- SNHU Set Path online programs: tuition is charged per credit hour, at a rate of $320 for online undergraduate degrees and $627 for online graduate programs.
- SNHU Personal Path online programs: students pay a flat rate tuition for a 4-month term, with the freedom to maximize the number of projects they successfully complete during that time in order to save time and money.
Other ways to lower your costs include scholarships, grants and additional forms of financial aid. We encourage learners to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine their eligibility for federal, state, and institutional aid programs. After you fill out this free application, an SNHU Student Financial Services specialist can work directly with you to customize a plan specific to your unique financial needs.
How long will it take me to earn my degree?
Completing an associate degree in our Set Path programs typically requires 60 credits or around 20 courses. This degree usually takes two years to complete. A bachelor's degree takes 120 credits, which is around 40 courses. Earning a bachelor's degree typically takes four years, but may vary depending on your previous education and whether you're a full- or part-time student.
In a Personal Path program, an associate degree typically requires mastery of 120 core competencies, while a bachelor's degree requires mastery of 120 advanced competencies. Your overall time frame can vary based on available time, existing skillsets or motivation, but many learners complete their degrees within four terms or about 15 months – sometimes even less.
Will my current credits transfer?
Set Path programs will accept as many as 45 credits of previous coursework if you're working toward an associate degree, up to 90 credits towards a bachelor's degree and up to 12 credits toward a graduate degree. Courses with a grade of C- or higher at an accredited institution are usually eligible to be transferred. If you have questions, just gather your unofficial transcripts and contact us to request a transfer evaluation free of charge.
Individual college credits are not transferrable in Personal Path programs, but you can still take advantage of the skills or experiences you already have. Because these programs are competency-based, you can move faster through subjects you know and demonstrate your mastery to the instructor or subject matter expert whenever you’re ready. So you can accelerate through your program, while focusing more time on the competencies you need to learn.
Which degree pathway is the best for me?
SNHU’s two degree pathways are designed to be equally challenging. But choosing the path that offers the greatest chance of success comes down to your unique situation and preferred learning style. So here are some points to consider.
Our course-based Set Path programs might be best if you:
- Excel in traditionally structured courses that emphasize letter grades earned via scheduled assignments, quizzes, papers and class discussions
- Want a specialized degree within our 200+ programs, or a graduate degree
- Have transferrable college credits you can apply toward a desired program
- Prefer taking one or two classes during an 8- or 10-week term
- Enjoy interacting with supportive instructors and classmates
Our competency-based Personal Path programs might be best if you:
- Learn best outside traditional educational settings, working at your own pace with maximum personal flexibility
- Want a degree in a program such as general studies, business management, communications or healthcare management
- Have existing skills or competencies you wish to build upon in a work-relevant program
- Are self-motivated, can manage your own deadlines and prefer the freedom to accelerate through a large number of competencies quickly
- Enjoy working on projects independently, with 1-to-1 support as needed
What is competency-based education?
Unlike traditional programs that require you to complete a certain number of credits or courses, competency-based programs let you earn the very same degree by mastering specific skills (competencies) and completing real world projects instead of taking tests.
For example: students in one of SNHU’s Personal Path programs might complete personal projects for review by professional educators and subject matter experts. In addition to being provided with a full variety of educational resources, they can also make use of their existing knowledge and skills to demonstrate mastery of the required competency.
Personal Path programs let you work through learning materials as quickly or slowly as you like before submitting your project to subject matter experts for review. If your project shows that you have mastered the skill, you move on to the next requirement; if not, you can go back and re-submit your project as many times as it takes to master the skill. Many people find it to be the perfect fit for their learning style, offering flexibility and a list of mastered competencies they can show to employers.