SNHU welcomed the return of in-person ceremonies in the fall of 2021 as our graduates from spring 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021 shared in the Commencement experience alongside our fall 2021 graduates. Despite challenges, 58,000 graduates were eligible to participate in Southern New Hampshire University’s 89th Commencement. Of those degree recipients, approximately 6,000 are military-affiliated and over 1,100 graduates earned two degrees between 2019 and 2021 at SNHU. Of those degrees, more than 42,000 undergraduate degrees were awarded and almost 15,500 graduate degrees.Over two weekends, 4,700 graduates celebrated their success at six in-person ceremonies, with nearly 14,000 guests cheering them on. 2,800 fall 2021 graduates also celebrated in a virtual ceremony while at home with family and friends.
The fall 2021 Commencement speakers were Common, Academy Award, Golden Globe, Emmy and Grammy-winning artist, actor and activist; Dr. Natalie (Stavas) Laub, physician and Boston Marathon first responder; Soledad O’Brien, award-winning journalist and author; and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, NBA legend and NYT best-selling author.
View and share all recorded in-person and virtual Commencement ceremonies on the Fall 2021 Playlist.
Oct. 16 and Nov. 5-7, 2021 | 42,755 Undergraduate | 15,352 Graduate | 12 Doctoral
- Spring 2020 | 16,324 Undergraduate | 6,467 Graduate | 10 Doctoral
- Fall 2020 | 6,319 Undergraduate | 2,727 Graduate
- Spring 2021 | 9,247 Undergraduate | 1,504 Graduate | 2 Doctoral
- Fall 2021 | 10,865 Undergraduate | 4,654 Graduate
Campus Graduates:Oct. 16, 2021, at Delta Dental Stadium, Manchester, N.H.
Featured Speaker Videos:
- SNHU Commencement Speech - Common
- SNHU Student Commencement Speech - Samantha Aguilar Hernandez
- SNHU Student Commencement Speech - Katherine Marcella Pigsley