Who We Are
The Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) sets the strategic vision for diversity, equality and inclusion work at SNHU. Because we believe all SNHU learners, alumni, faculty and staff are valuable – not in spite of our differences, but because of them.
- To nurture a culture free of prejudice and discrimination.
- To champion human rights and social justice.
- To attract, engage and retain richly diverse learners and employees.
- Listen, learn and act – it’s that simple. Through trainings, workshops and inclusive events for students, alumni, faculty and staff, we offer a platform for all members of the community to be seen, heard and make a difference.
- Expand access – so anyone, from anywhere, can achieve their goals. By providing military support, scholarships for DREAMers, community partnerships, initiatives built for opportunity youth and more, we’re creating a world where everyone has an opportunity to succeed.
- Create and support an executive leadership team and staff that reflect our diverse learner population – so together, we can build thoughtful policies and practices to create a culture of belonging for all.
Senior Vice President & Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
“Diversity and inclusion matter because people perform and feel better when they are seen and valued for who they are.”
Senior Director of Equity and Inclusion in Academic Affairs
If our soul is not transformed for the better while engaging in DEI, we are not engaging properly. DEI is not a checkbox. It is soul work.”
Kendra Thomas, Ed.D.
Senior Director of Strategic Projects
"We all need to get comfortable being uncomfortable. Then, we can have crucial conversations to help us learn how to connect and grow together in an inclusive environment while appreciating each other’s differences."
Assistant Project Manager for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
“Creating an inclusive environment and advocating for underrepresented populations is important not only for SNHU, but for entire communities to reach true optimal potential”
Assistant Vice President for Strategy and Outreach
“Everyone deserves an equal opportunity to better themselves and their families.”
Director of Equity and Inclusion for Learner Success
“Together, we can make SNHU a place where all members of our community know they are accepted.”
"If we do not embrace diversity in people and places, we cannot embrace diversity in ideas and innovations."
Selected as Diversity Jobs Top Employer 2020
At SNHU, we know that representation matters. That’s why we’ve partnered with DiversityJobs.com to find the best and brightest diverse talent out there. From student-facing advisors and faculty to the teams behind the scenes, we look for unique perspectives that can help us transform the lives of all learners - no matter who they are or where they want to go.