Skip to main content
Woman sitting at table with her computer

Get Work or Life Experience Degree Credit Exams, certifications and training may earn you college credits.

Take Credit for What You Know

You've learned a lot outside of the classroom. And some of that knowledge may be worth savings – both in time and money – toward your undergraduate degree.

Through a process known as credit for prior learning (CPL), you could be awarded college credit for:

  • Exams you've taken
  • Certifications you've earned
  • Training you've completed

Southern New Hampshire University accepts hundreds of these experiences as credit toward your degree. Even better: SNHU actually accepts up to 90 transfer credits toward your bachelor's – that's 75% of your program! – so you can combine your CPL with other credit you've earned, like academic or military. (By the way, SNHU is known for being one of the most transfer-friendly universities.)

Talk with your admission counselor (888.327.SNHU) or academic advisor to learn more or discuss experiences you may not see listed. And find out if what you know could help you finish your degree – faster.

Experiences for Credit

Put your work and life experience toward college credit at SNHU. Find the exams, certifications and trainings you've successfully completed to determine if you're eligible for credit.

Awarded credits may vary based on the date(s) an experience was completed and/or due to curriculum changes. While SNHU makes every effort to keep this information current and accurate, SNHU is not responsible for any errors or omissions.

The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute Inc.

The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute Inc.