This ceremony is about the graduate — but it’s also about the people who helped them get there. Information on tickets, accessibility and area information for guests can be found below.
Graduates reserve tickets for their guests. If a child is 3 years old or younger and won’t use their own seat, you do not need to include them in your guest count. Bring either a printed or digital copy of the tickets with you to the event.
Guests should check with their graduate regarding the ceremony time. Guest doors open 90 minutes prior to each ceremony. Our ceremonies typically last 2 - 2.5 hours.
Delta Dental Stadium: Guests should enter the stadium with their graduate at their designated entrance (either Main Gate or Right Field Gate), as indicated by the graduates last name:
- A-L: Main Gate
- M-Z: Right Field Gate
- As a note, if the graduate has a hyphenated last name (Jane Doe-Smith) you would enter with the “D” last names
- Guests with accessibility needs should enter the Main Gate.
Elevators are located just to the left of the main stairs near the Box Office. This allows access to the concourse level. If access to the suite level is needed, there is an elevator near Guest Services on the concourse behind home plate.
SNHU Arena: Guests should enter the front of the entrance of the SNHU Arena, facing Elm Street. Elevators are located to the right in the front lobby of the SNHU Arena.
Southern New Hampshire University Commencement ceremonies are available to view via a live web stream on the SNHU Commencement page during each ceremony.
Eligible graduates will receive all Commencement-related communication in their SNHU email addresses. We ask that they share this information with and reserve tickets for their guests accordingly.
Parking and Directions
The October ceremony for campus graduates is held at the Delta Dental Stadium, 1 Line Drive, Manchester, NH. Parking is available in the SNHU Millyard Parking Garage at 75 South Commercial Street, Manchester, NH and on city streets.
The November ceremonies for online graduates are held at the SNHU Arena at 555 Elm Street, Manchester, NH. Parking is available throughout the city.
Information regarding parking and directions are located at the City of Manchester.
The City of Manchester has 3,500 metered parking spaces in the downtown area. Most of the meters are Pay & Display parking kiosks. The center of downtown has a 2-hour parking limit and parking is $.75 per hour on Saturdays - 10am-8pm on Elm St. between Granite and Bridge. After 5pm you can park at any meter for any length of time as long as you pay to park.
Parking in downtown Manchester is at your own discretion. Please note: Parking at local businesses, including Market Basket, is not advised. Your vehicle will likely be towed.
Accessible parking close to the SNHU Arena is on a first-come, first-serve basis off Cedar Street and on either side of Chestnut Street. Visible accessible parking tags are required.
Guest Accessibility Support
Delta Dental Stadium: The Delta Dental Stadium is an accessible venue; guests with accessibility needs should enter through the Main Gate. In compliance with ADA ratios and codes, there are designated handicapped parking spaces in front of Delta Dental Stadium. Individuals needing assistance can use the cul-de-sac in front of the Main Gate of the Delta Dental Stadium as a drop-off and pick-up point. Elevators are located just to the left of the main stairs near the Box Office. This allows access to the concourse level. If access to the suite level is needed, there is an elevator near Guest Services on the concourse behind home plate. Graduates will have the option to request accessibility accommodations during registration.
SNHU Arena: The SNHU Arena is an accessible venue; elevators are located to the right in the front lobby of the SNHU Arena and accessible seating is available in every section on a first-come, first-served basis. Please read the Commencement Accessibility Information document for more information on parking, seating and visual and hearing access.
Guest Policies and Etiquette
- In accordance with policy, beach balls, fog horns, balloons and other items that might disrupt the ceremony (or others’ ability to view or hear the ceremony) are not allowed. Security reserves the right to confiscate these items.
- Large bags, alcohol, and weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited. Diaper bags will be subject to search by Security. Strollers are not permitted in the seating area and will be asked to be stored in designated areas in the concourse/walkway.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed. Concession stands will be open to purchase food and drink. No alcohol will be served during the event.
- Cell phones should be placed on “vibrate” or silent mode during the ceremony.
- If possible, please remain seated throughout the ceremony. If it is not feasible to remain seated throughout the ceremony, please consider moving to the lobby areas outside of your seating area.
- Arrive early with your entire party to get a good seat. Seating is on a first-come first-served basis. Doors open 90 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Please do not stand in the aisles. We care about the safety of our guests and it is a fire hazard.
- Professional photographers from GradImages will capture the awarding of your student’s diploma cover from different angles. Due to safety concerns, please do not approach the stage. Guests of the graduates are not allowed on the floor during the ceremony.
- SNHU Arena:
- Graduates and guests may not stay in the Arena after the ceremony to take pictures. Pictures can be taken outside the main entrance of the arena with no restrictions or on the Main Campus following each ceremony.
- Please make plans to meet graduates at the front of the SNHU Arena after the ceremony.
- Please allow an additional fifteen minutes for the recessional before making your way out of the event space. This allows for a safe and orderly exit for all participants.
- Please leave extra time to exit the building and to make your way through the post-event traffic.
- Delta Dental Stadium:
- Graduates will be invited to join their guests after the ceremony for the fireworks show. Pictures can be taken on campus, in the stadium or outside the stadium with no restrictions.
- Please allow additional time after the fireworks show to allow for a safe and orderly exit for all participants and to make your way through the post-event traffic.
Manchester, NH Information
Visit our information page for area information.
Gifts for Graduates
Visit the SNHU Bookstore in the Freese Student Center or online. The SNHU Bookstore will have limited SNHU items for sale during Commencement ceremonies.
Questions? Visit our FAQs page.