This ceremony is about the graduate — but it’s also about the people who helped them get there. Information on tickets, accessibility and area information for guests can be found below.
Graduates reserve tickets for their guests. If a child is 3 years old or younger and won’t use their own seat, you do not need to include them in your guest count.
Guests should check with their graduate regarding the ceremony time. Guest doors open 90 minutes prior to each ceremony. Our ceremonies typically last 2 - 2.5 hours.SNHU Arena: Guests should enter the front of the entrance of the SNHU Arena, facing Elm Street. Elevators are located to the right in the front lobby of the SNHU Arena.
Delta Dental Stadium: Guests should enter the front entrance of the stadium, facing Line Drive. Elevators are located just to the left of the main stairs near the Box Office. This allows access to the concourse level. If access to the suite level is needed, there is an elevator near Guest Services on the concourse behind home plate.
Southern New Hampshire University Commencement ceremonies are available to view via a live web stream on the SNHU Commencement page during each ceremony.
Eligible graduates will receive all Commencement-related communication in their SNHU email addresses. We ask that they share this information with and reserve tickets for their guests accordingly.
Parking and Directions
The November ceremonies for online graduates are held at the SNHU Arena at 555 Elm Street, Manchester, NH.
The October ceremony for campus graduates is held at the Delta Dental Stadium, 1 Line Drive, Manchester, NH.
Information regarding parking and directions are located at the City of Manchester.
The City of Manchester has 3,500 metered parking spaces in the downtown area. Most of the meters are Pay & Display parking kiosks. The center of downtown has a 2-hour parking limit and parking is $.75 per hour on Saturdays - 10am-8pm on Elm St. between Granite and Bridge. After 5pm you can park at any meter for any length of time as long as you pay to park.
Parking in downtown Manchester is at your own discretion. Please note: Parking at local businesses, including Market Basket, is not advised. Your vehicle will likely be towed.
Accessible parking close to the SNHU Arena is on a first-come, first-serve basis off Cedar Street and on either side of Chestnut Street. Visible accessible parking tags are required.
Guest Accessibility Support
When guests of the graduates enter the main doors for the SNHU Arena, there will be a table with Accessibility Staff who will assist with seating and other accommodations. Please read the Commencement Accessibility Information document for more information.
Guest Policies and Etiquette
- In accordance with policy, beach balls, fog horns, balloons and other items that might disrupt the ceremony (or others’ ability to view or hear the ceremony) are not allowed. Security reserves the right to confiscate these items.
- Large bags, alcohol, and weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited. Diaper bags will be subject to search by Security. Strollers are not permitted in the seating area and will be asked to be stored in designated areas in the concourse/walkway.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed. Concession stands will be open to purchase food and drink.
- Cell phones should be placed on “vibrate” or silent mode during the ceremony.
- If possible, please remain seated throughout the ceremony. If it is not feasible to remain seated throughout the ceremony, please consider moving to the lobby areas outside of your seating area.
- Arrive early with your entire party to get a good seat. Seats are first come, first serve at the SNHU Arena; ticketed at the Delta Dental Stadium. Doors open 90 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Please do not stand in the aisles. We care about the safety of our guests and it is a fire hazard.
- Professional photographers from GradImages will capture the awarding of your student’s diploma cover from different angles. Due to safety concerns, please do not approach the stage. Guests of the graduates are not allowed on the floor during the ceremony.
- SNHU Arena: Graduates and guests may not stay in the Arena after the ceremony to take pictures. Pictures can be taken outside the main entrance of the arena with no restrictions or on the Main Campus following each ceremony.
- Please make plans to meet graduates at the front of the SNHU Arena after the ceremony.
- Please allow an additional fifteen minutes for the recessional before making your way out of the event space. This allows for a safe and orderly exit for all participants.
- Please leave extra time to exit the building and to make your way through the post-event traffic.
Manchester, NH Information
Visit our information page for area information.
Gifts for Graduates
Visit the SNHU Bookstore in the Freese Student Center or online. The SNHU Bookstore will have limited SNHU items for sale during Commencement ceremonies.
Questions? Visit our FAQs page.