Cyber competitions. Cloud computing. Analyzing real-world data. These are just a few examples of the experiential learning opportunities available to online STEM students at Southern New Hampshire University.
Why experiential learning? Because it can offer you invaluable hands-on experience - and a critical edge in the workforce.
Each experiential learning course or activity is facilitated by qualified industry veterans and subject matter experts. Mixing direct practice, guided group discussion and self-reflection with the latest tools and technologies, experiential learning coursework enhances your resume and lets you confidently navigate a competitive job market - even at the entry level.
Take a look at some of our experiential learning opportunities below:
Graduate Experiential Learning (3-credit courses)
- SQL: Structured Query Language
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations
- Designing the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Introduction to Scripting Languages using Python
Undergraduate Experiential Learning (3-credit courses)
- How to be an Indie Game Developer
- Grant Writing in Science
- Research Experiences in Science
- Citizen Science
- Animal Behavior
- Field Experiences
Student Competitions and Conferences (non-credit unless otherwise noted)
- National Cyber League (Fall and Spring)*
- Grace Hopper Celebration - world's largest conference for women in technology
- ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing
- Women in Cybersecurity Conference (WiCyS)
*may qualify for course credits; students should check with their Academic Advisor
Contact an admission counselor today.
Students can contact their advisor for more information.