Since 1932, Southern New Hampshire University has proudly served members of the U.S. Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve. SNHU's participation in the General Education Mobile (GEM) program gives you an affordable and flexible way to earn the general education credits required to complete your CCAF degree.
An innovator in online education since 1996, SNHU offers over 100 online undergraduate programs, along with the flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals during both your service years and post-military career.
At SNHU, your mission is our mission. We're committed to helping you succeed at your educational goals by building on the rigor and values of our traditional campus programs. Online, that translates to:
- Affordable tuition. Only $225 per credit hour for active-duty undergraduates, as well as members of the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve.
- Convenience. Enjoy 24/7 access to our virtual classrooms and the ability to do your coursework from anywhere.
- Dedicated support. Count on the ongoing support of an academic advisor with expertise in assisting Air Force members, at your disposal whenever you need them and just a click away.
- Online Support. As an SNHU online student, all the help you need is right at your fingertips. Tech support? Our Help Desk is available 24/7 via phone, online form or live chat. Research material? You'll have full online access to the Shapiro Library's extensive collection. Help with writing? Consult our Online Writing Center for everything from grammatical questions to tutoring. Accessibility issues? Active-duty military students who require special accommodations can turn to our Online Accessibility Center.
Earn a quality education from a nonprofit university with over 80 years of graduating successful military professionals. Complete your degree online at SNHU.
For more information, please complete the online application.
An SNHU admission team representative will contact you to walk you through the process. You can apply at any time and get a decision within days of submitting all required materials. It's that easy.
Questions? Call 1-888-387-0861 or email email@example.com.
The flexibility of our online coursework and the expertise of our faculty allow you to finish the GEM requirements for your CCAF degree, whether you're at home base or deployed overseas. When enrolling in a course, Airmen should contact their servicing base education office for Tuition Assistance (TA) guidance.
COM-212: Public Speaking
ENG-122: English Composition I
ENG-123: English Composition II
MAT-130: Applied Finite Mathematics
MAT-240: Applied Statistics
HIS-100: Perspectives in History
HIS-200: Applied History
POL-210: American Politics
POL-211: International Relations
PSY-108: Introduction to Psychology
SOC-112: Introduction to Sociology
FAS-201: Introduction to Humanities I
FAS-202: Introduction to Humanities II
HUM-100: Perspectives in the Humanities
HUM-200: Applied Humanities
LIT 201 World Literature Foundations of Culture
PHL-210: Introduction to Philosophy
Our GEM classes represent only a small fraction of our offerings for military students. We also have over 100 undergraduate online degree programs that will serve you well in the USAF or a civilian career. Following your CCAF graduation, you can transfer up to 90 credits into a bachelor's degree program at SNHU.
SNHU consistently ranks in the top 15% of Military Friendly schools by G.I. Jobs magazine. Our military benefits let you take full advantage of the tuition assistance offered by the USAF, with minimal out-of-pocket expenses.
- Only $225 per credit hour for active-duty undergraduates and members of the ANG and Air Force Reserve
Bachelor's and associate programs consist of six 8-week terms per year. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
|Term||Term Begins||Term Ends|
|Term 4||March 01, 2021||April 25, 2021|
|Term 5||May 03, 2021||June 27, 2021|
|Term 6||June 28, 2021||August 22, 2021|