"Wicked" author Gregory Maguire helped SNHU celebrate the 10-year anniversary of our McIninch Art Gallery with a presentation and Q&A on Feb. 8.
He also offered some great advice for writers:
5 "Wicked" Tips for Writers from Author Gregory Maguire
- Write every day. Journal, postcard, Facebook entry; sonnet, screed or soliloquy. Doesn't matter. Every day.
- Read every day, but read outside your comfort zone. If you hate poetry, try it. If sports bores you, read sports. If you're red, read blue; if blue, red.
- Walk every day. You don't have to choose to think while you're walking. You will be thinking, deep down.
- Cut out the noise. Pull the plugs. Silence the garbage. To get decent reception for the broadcasts from your muse, you need to concentrate.
- Write as if someone's life depends on what you tell them. It just may be true.