Author Gregory Maguire: 5 Wicked Tips for Writers
"Wicked" author Gregory Maguire helped SNHU celebrate the 10-year anniversary of our McIninch Art Gallery with a presentation and Q&A on Feb. 8.
He also offered some great advice for writers:
5 "Wicked" Tips for Writers from Author Gregory Maguire
- Write every day. Journal, postcard, Facebook entry; sonnet, screed or soliloquy. Doesn't matter. Every day.
- Read every day, but read outside your comfort zone. If you hate poetry, try it. If sports bores you, read sports. If you're red, read blue; if blue, red.
- Walk every day. You don't have to choose to think while you're walking. You will be thinking, deep down.
- Cut out the noise. Pull the plugs. Silence the garbage. To get decent reception for the broadcasts from your muse, you need to concentrate.
- Write as if someone's life depends on what you tell them. It just may be true.
Explore more content like this article
6 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills at Work
Whether you want to be in business, information technology or any other field, good communication skills will help you succeed.
Online Graphic Design Program Aids Student in Work as Disney Imagineer
Ben Van Beusekom has found success working for Disney Imagineering, but he's not ready to stop his artistic education and is studying graphic design online at SNHU.
How to Communicate in a Global Business Environment
Communicating in a global environment is key in today's professional world. A bachelor's or master's in communication can help you to master the skills to make you a leader in the communications industry.