Explore New Business Ventures by Earning an Entrepreneurship MBA Online
Learn how to research, analyze and develop new business opportunities with a Master of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship from Southern New Hampshire University. Explore strategies and models for launching and operating consultancy businesses and critically evaluate existing and potential franchise businesses. You'll gain practical strategic knowledge and business skills based on sound theory and best practices being used by today's best companies and most successful entrepreneurs.
Designed for budding entrepreneurs, current business owners and corporate executives, the MBA in Entrepreneurship is one of the most affordable MBAs in the nation and can be completed in just over a year. The coursework by design is readily applicable to your real-world challenges. You'll develop projects that serve your business needs while simultaneously becoming a stronger, more capable leader.
See Yourself Succeed in Entrepreneurship
In the entrepreneurship MBA online program, you'll learn from business professionals with specialized experience in their given disciplines. Many are adjunct instructors who currently practice their trades full time and are able to offer timely insight into entrepreneurial ventures.
Through your traditional MBA courses and entrepreneurship courses, you'll gain a unique perspective on evaluating risk and capitalizing on business opportunities. You'll also learn how to:
- Assess capital and venture capital opportunities
- Research and analyze franchising plans
- Evaluate consulting arrangements, including understanding the challenges and expenses involved in starting a consulting business
As a private, nonprofit university, SNHU has one mission - to help you see yourself succeed. The benefits of earning your online MBA at SNHU include:
- Affordability. Take advantage of some of the most affordable tuition rates in the nation. SNHU is proud to hold its tuition rates at 2012 levels
- Efficiency. Complete your master's program in as few as 15 months, with two courses per 10-week term
- Convenience and flexibility. Attend class when it's convenient for you - online education means 24/7 access and moving at your own pace. We understand there are reasons to take more or fewer classes during any given 10-week term
- Accreditation. Programs are accredited by multiple governing agencies, including the New England Commission of Higher Education and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Expert instruction. Learn from instructors with relevant, real-world experience
- Academic heritage. Southern New Hampshire University was established in 1932 and has been offering an MBA program for more than 40 years, graduating thousands of successful business professionals
- Easy application. No GMAT or GRE required for admission
- Student support. Count on the ongoing support of dedicated academic and career advisors specialized in your area of study
- Networking. Seek tips and career opportunities from a nationwide network that includes thousands of successful alumni.
Acceptance decisions are made on a rolling basis throughout the year for our 5 graduate terms. You can apply at any time and get a decision within days of submitting all required materials. To apply, simply contact an admission counselor, who can help you explore financial options. Your counselor can also walk you through the application process, which involves completing a graduate application and providing undergraduate transcripts.
An entrepreneurship MBA online degree can help you develop the knowledge and skills you need to lead businesses to success. You may apply what you've learned to launch a company, advance in your current position or prepare for executive level leadership.
Those who earn an entrepreneurship MBA may pursue highly rewarding work across many different industries. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, chief executives earned a median annual wage of $181,210 in May 2016, while operational managers earned $99,310.*
Southern New Hampshire University's MBA in Entrepreneurship provides an examination of how to research and analyze new business ventures along with a foundation of time-tested business strategies. Through core courses in subjects such as strategic management, information technology and quantitative analysis for decision-making, along with concentrated courses in entrepreneurship, you'll gain a well-rounded skill set that can be applied in any industry. Those with non-business academic backgrounds may be required to take foundation courses.
|View Full Curriculum in the Catalog|
|MBA - Entrepreneurship|
|Courses May Include|
|OL 630||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||This course is a study of entrepreneurship and small businesses from a management standpoint and includes the analysis of research, marketing, taxes, forms of business, capital and venture capital opportunities. Students complete a real- world project or Small Business Institute consultancy.|
|OL 635||Consulting||Students examine consulting, from defining what a consultant is to analyzing the problems and expenses involved in starting a consulting business. Topics include promotion, establishment of a client list, computers that support consulting and contracts.|
|OL 640||Franchising||Topics include research, analysis, evaluation, financing and legal requirements of existing and potential franchises. Also included are methodologies of the franchise agreement, the operating manual, the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC), and research and marketing theory and practice. Students prepare a research paper based on a real or proposed franchise. The course also examines international franchising. Background preparation: 3 credit hours in marketing and business law or the equivalent.|
|Total Credits: 36|
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates for SNHU's online degree programs are among the lowest in the nation. We offer a 25% tuition discount for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
|Online Graduate Programs||Per Course||Per Credit Hour||Annual Cost for 15 credits|
(U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty)
Tuition rates are subject to change and are reviewed annually.
$150 Graduation Fee, Course Materials ($ varies by course)
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as well as several other accrediting bodies.