Lead in Small Business
- Just over $19K total tuition
- Earn credentials along the way
- Complete in about 1 year
- Learn to operate your own small business
- Program accredited by ACBSP
- No GRE/GMAT required
Entrepreneurship MBA Online Program Overview
Learn how to research, analyze and develop new business opportunities with a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship from Southern New Hampshire University. A degree that fits right into your life, our revised online MBA program allows you to learn while you earn, with opportunities for credentials built right into the program.
Here, you'll be able to explore strategies for launching and operating your own business. You'll also critically evaluate existing and potential franchise businesses while gaining practical strategic knowledge and business skills based on best practices being used by today's top companies and most successful entrepreneurs. Additionally, skills such as leading organizations through change, innovation and strategy, measuring success and optimizing brands will effectively contribute to your work as a successful entrepreneur.
Designed for budding entrepreneurs, current business owners and corporate executives, the MBA in Entrepreneurship is efficient at 30-credits for just over $19k, but students will still find the rigor and complexity expected from a Master of Business Administration program. It will also give you the opportunity to learn from business professionals with hands-on experience in their given fields. You'll learn from business owners and entrepreneurs alike, with specialized experience in their given disciplines. In fact, many are adjunct instructors who currently practice their trades full-time and are able to offer timely insight into entrepreneurial ventures, which means you'll have the chance to learn from the best.
The coursework in this program is readily applicable to the real-world challenges you could face as an entrepreneur, and can prepare you to take on the twists and turns of your new career path. You'll have the opportunity to practice scenario-based learning, work in a collaborative environment with your peers and develop projects that serve your business needs while becoming a stronger, more capable leader in the business venture you choose to pursue after college. And, because you can complete this program in about a year, you could be on your way to your entrepreneurship dreams sooner than you think.
Through your traditional MBA courses and masters in entrepreneurship courses, you'll gain a unique and relevant perspective on evaluating risk and capitalizing on business opportunities that affect today's top business owners.
What You'll Learn
- Data analysis & interpretation skills to inform decisions
- Adaptable strategy development & advancement
- Models & processes to improve organizations
- Strong leadership & collaboration approaches
- Planning techniques to articulate organizational culture
How You'll Learn
At SNHU, you'll get support from day 1 to graduation and beyond. And with no set class times, 24/7 access to the online classroom and helpful learning resources along the way, you'll have everything you need to reach your goals.
According to the 2021 GMAC Enrolled Student Survey, nearly 8 in 10 enrolled students agreed that a graduate business education is a worthwhile investment, even in times of economic uncertainty.1 This is true even under the unprecedented circumstances created by the global pandemic, with the majority of respondents reportedly feeling confident in their employability.1
Employer demand also appears to be on the rise, according to the 2021 GMAC Demand for Graduate Management Talent Survey.2 This is largely fueled by a rapidly evolving technology sector. Given the more immediate challenges caused by COVID-19, qualified business school grads are more needed than ever to rethink business models and spearhead holistic restructuring.2
Courses in the MBA in Entrepreneurship cover key areas of running a business – including small business management, consulting and franchising – so you can pave your own way and help empower others to do the same.
These skills are now more critical than ever, as professionals in the field must work to differentiate themselves in a more competitive and fast-paced landscape. This includes those looking to grow in their current roles, and those looking to create more value for the companies where they are already working and hope to remain in the longterm.
An entrepreneurship MBA online degree can help you develop the knowledge and skills you need to lead businesses to success. After earning this degree, you may be able to apply what you've learned to launch your own company, advance in your current position or prepare for executive level leadership.
Those who earn an entrepreneurship MBA may pursue highly rewarding work across many different industries. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, top executives – a job title many entrepreneurs hold – earned a median annual wage of $99,980 in May 2021.3
And, while every career path takes hard work and dedication, becoming an entrepreneur certainly has unique challenges as well as many benefits. During a time when so many people are working from home, and are facing new daily routines and opportunities, this career path could offer the flexibility you're looking for.
"This forward-looking degree cultivates students for the future of management and business," said Dr. Joseph Ahlo, an SNHU instructor and the head of marketing and technologies at a green-focused technologies firm. "We are in the midst of another massive transformation in the world of work. This MBA is designed with the intent of preparing learners to excel in times of sudden change, turning upsets into opportunities."
Entrepreneur.com states that in addition to knowledge and education, the personal attributes of positivity, vision and courage are the building blocks to becoming a successful entrepreneur during this time.4 Luckily, earning your MBA in Entrepreneurship will give you the opportunity to learn all sides of running a business from experienced professors with hands-on experience in the field. In this program, you'll learn marketing and brand management, innovation, strategy and even measuring success as a business owner. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to practice resilience and hone in on your vision.
Entrepreneur.com also lists compelling reasons why someone would want to become an entrepreneur in the first place, including creativity that doesn't necessarily fit a corporate environment, wanting a more flexible lifestyle, being passionate about learning, seeing the world unconventionally and being a go-getter.4 If this sounds like you, take the first step toward starting and running a successful company by enrolling in an entrepreneurial MBA program.
Understanding the Numbers
When reviewing job growth and salary information, it’s important to remember that actual numbers can vary due to many different factors — like years of experience in the role, industry of employment, geographic location, worker skill and economic conditions. Cited projections do not guarantee actual salary or job growth.
Where Could You Work?
Start Your Journey Toward an Online MBA in Entrepreneurship Degree
Why SNHU For Your Online Entrepreneurship MBA
With no set class meeting times, you can learn on your schedule and access online course materials 24/7.
As part of our mission to make higher education more accessible, we’re committed to keeping our tuition rates low. In fact, we offer some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation.
Prior coursework and work experience could also help you save time and money. SNHU’s transfer policy allows you to transfer up to 12 credits from your previous institution. You could also earn college credit for previous work experience.
Founded in 1932, Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution with over 160,000 graduates across the country. SNHU is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), a regional accreditor, which advocates for institutional improvement and public assurance of quality.
Recently, SNHU has been nationally recognized for leading the way toward more innovative, affordable and achievable education:
- “Most Innovative” regional university honors from U.S. News & World Report each year since 2015
- A $1 million grant from Google.org to explore soft skills assessments for high-need youth
- Recognition as a 2017 Digital Learning Innovator by the Online Learning Consortium
At Southern New Hampshire University, you'll have access to a powerful network of more than 300,000 students, alumni and staff that can help support you long after graduation. Our instructors offer relevant, real-world expertise to help you understand and navigate the field. Plus, with our growing, nationwide alumni network, you'll have the potential to tap into a number of internship and career opportunities.
93.6% of online students would recommend SNHU (according to a 2022 survey with 17,000+ respondents). Discover why SNHU may be right for you.
Expanding access to quality higher education means removing the barriers that may stand between you and your degree. That’s why you can apply at any time and get a decision within days of submitting all required materials:
- Completed free application
- Undergraduate transcripts, which we can retrieve for you by submitting a transcript request form
Acceptance decisions are made on a rolling basis throughout the year for our 5 graduate terms.
Courses & Curriculum
Southern New Hampshire University's MBA in Entrepreneurship provides an examination of how to research and analyze new business ventures along with a foundation of time-tested business strategies. Through core courses in subjects such as innovation, strategic decision-making, optimizing brands and measuring success, along with concentrated courses in entrepreneurship, you'll gain a well-rounded skillset that can be applied in any industry. Those with non-business academic backgrounds may be required to take foundation courses as well.
By earning your MBA, entrepreneurship can become a more reachable reality. In this program, you'll explore courses with content that you can apply directly toward your entrepreneurial ventures, including:
- Leading People and Organizations
- Organization Strategy in a Global Environment
- Optimizing Brands
- Leading Organizational Change
In the entrepreneurship MBA program, you'll also explore the process of launching a business, product or service. You'll study small business management, and learn the ins and outs of creating and sustaining a business from scratch. From evaluating opportunities to exploring how to finance your business and find investors, you'll have the chance to learn about employment law and how to measure your company's success.
The program is integrated with dynamic learning experiences and formats including:
- Scenario-based learning: Practice and problem-solve within real-world business scenarios and while your instructors act as mentors.
- Multimedia content: Watch video featuring industry leaders sharing business insights and collaborate using video communication tools.
- Leading industry research: Analyze carefully selected, relevant source material from leading professional organizations and publications.
- Embedded credentials: Enhance your learnings and overall marketability with integrated and optional credentialing opportunities. Gain skills with tools such as Power BI, MS Excel and Tableau, along with soft skills such as human intelligence and strategy implementation.
Courses in the concentration includes:
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management: This course is a study of entrepreneurship and small businesses from a management standpoint and includes the analysis of research, marketing, taxes, forms of business, capital and venture capital opportunities. Students complete a real-world project or Small Business Institute consultancy.
- Consulting: Students examine consulting, from defining what a consultant is to analyzing the problems and expenses involved in starting a consulting business. Topics include promotion, establishment of a client list and consulting and contracts.
- Franchising: Topics include research, analysis, evaluation, financing and legal requirements of existing and potential franchises. Also included are methodologies of the franchise agreement, the operating manual, the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC) and research and marketing theory and practice. Students prepare a research paper based on a real or proposed franchise. The course also examines international franchising.
Don't have a business background? No problem. Our MBA is accessible to everyone. Interested students must have a conferred undergraduate degree for acceptance, but it can be in any field. Those without an bachelor's in business or a related field may be asked to complete up to 2 foundation courses to get started. These foundations cover essential business skill sets and can be used to satisfy elective requirements for the general-track online MBA. With foundations, the maximum length of your MBA would be 36 credits.
Attend full time or part time. Students in the MBA have the option to enroll full time (at 2 classes per term) or part time (with 1 class per term). Full-time students should be able to complete the program in about 1 year, while part-time students could finish in about 2 years. SNHU students are busy, often juggling jobs, family and other obligations, so you may want to work with your academic advisor to identify the course plan that works for you. The good news is, you can switch from full time to part time and back again as often as you want.
|View Full Curriculum in the Catalog
|MBA - Entrepreneurship
|Courses May Include
|Organizational Strategy in a Global Environment
|Impactful leaders leverage business intelligence to make ethical decisions, solve complex problems, and craft strategic direction to improve organizational performance and agility in a dynamic global business environment. Students develop context and understanding of how organizations formulate a strategic direction and organize all business functions to complement each other to achieve organizational objectives. Students develop the strategy know-how to assess, inform, and form interconnected functional and organizational strategic direction.
|Measuring Success in an Organization
|Effective leaders need a comprehensive understanding of financial and management accounting principles, analytical techniques, and computer-based tools. Students will prepare, monitor, and evaluate financial and accounting reports and metrics and present their findings and recommendations. From reporting to planning, students will develop an acute awareness of a perpetually changing business environment and how entities measure its success, challenges and resources.
|Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
|This course is a study of entrepreneurship and small businesses from a management standpoint and includes the analysis of research, marketing, taxes, forms of business, capital and venture capital opportunities. Students complete a real- world project or Small Business Institute consultancy.
|Students examine consulting, from defining what a consultant is to analyzing the problems and expenses involved in starting a consulting business. Topics include promotion, establishment of a client list, computers that support consulting and contracts.
|Topics include research, analysis, evaluation, financing and legal requirements of existing and potential franchises. Also included are methodologies of the franchise agreement, the operating manual, the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC), and research and marketing theory and practice. Students prepare a research paper based on a real or proposed franchise. The course also examines international franchising. Background preparation: 3 credit hours in marketing and business law or the equivalent.
|Total Credits: 30
Minimum Hardware Requirements
PC (Windows OS)
Apple (Mac OS)
Currently supported operating system from Microsoft.
Currently supported operating system from Apple.
8GB or higher
8GB or higher
100GB or higher
100GB or higher
Required for campus students. Strongly recommended for online students.
Required for campus students. Strongly recommended for online students.
SNHU Purchase Programs
5 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload and less than 100 ms Latency
5 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload and less than 100 ms Latency
- Laptop or desktop? Whichever you choose depends on your personal preference and work style, though laptops tend to offer more flexibility.
- Note: Chromebooks (Chrome OS) and iPads (iOS) do not meet the minimum requirements for coursework at SNHU. These offer limited functionality and do not work with some course technologies. They are not acceptable as the only device you use for coursework. While these devices are convenient and may be used for some course functions, they cannot be your primary device. SNHU does, however, have an affordable laptop option that it recommends: Dell Latitude 3301 with Windows 10.
- Office 365 Pro Plus is available free of charge to all SNHU students and faculty. The Office suite will remain free while you are a student at SNHU. Upon graduation you may convert to a paid subscription if you wish. Terms subject to change at Microsoft's discretion. Review system requirements for Microsoft 365 plans for business, education and government.
- Antivirus software: Check with your ISP as they may offer antivirus software free of charge to subscribers.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Technical Requirements
Video Communication Platform:
- Mac or PC desktop or laptop (not a mobile device or tablet)
- Required: At least 1 Mbps upload/download speed
- Learn more about our detailed technical requirements
Internet Connectivity for Virtual Labs:
- Recommended: 5Mbps upload/download speed with less than 40ms latency
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as well as several other accrediting bodies.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates for SNHU's online degree programs are among the lowest in the nation. We offer a 25% tuition discount for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
|Online Graduate Programs
|Per Credit Hour
|Annual Cost for 15 credits
(U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty)*
Tuition rates are subject to change and are reviewed annually.
*Note: students receiving this rate are not eligible for additional discounts.
Course Materials ($ varies by course). Foundational courses may be required based on your undergraduate course history, which may result in additional cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you do with an MBA in Entrepreneurship?
Earning an MBA in Entrepreneurship can help set you up for success in business roles that require creative and critical thinking, and the best part is, at SNHU you can earn your MBA in Entrepreneurship online in just about a year.
The business world needs innovative leadership – bold thinkers with the skills needed to make calculated risks. Whether you're trying to kickstart your own business or you're climbing the corporate ladder, an MBA in Entrepreneurship could help you take your business administration skills to the next level.
So what does a future as an entrepreneur look like?
- Small business owner: If you're starting your own venture or taking over a family business, and need the knowledge and skills to help take you further, an MBA in Entrepreneurship could help you bring your ideas to life.
- Chief executive officer (CEO): Maybe you work for a large company, and are vying for a c-suite position. Or maybe you own a business, and you want to take it to the next level. In any case, earning your MBA in entrepreneurship can help position you for leadership with skills in understanding the foundational knowledge of building a business from the ground up.
- Business strategist: As an integrated part of an organization or as a consultant, you'll use insights to recommend business decisions in areas like investments, partnerships and operations that drive short-term and long-term growth.
- Consultant: As a consultant, you can go out on your own and help others do the same. This program can help you succeed in this role with topics like promotion, establishing client lists and supporting small business growth.
- Franchisee: With skills like research, analysis, evaluation, financing and legal considerations, this program can help prepare you for a career as a franchisee. This role offers a perfect pathway to become your own boss, and could be a great way to work with the number of major companies across the country.
Additionally, an entrepreneurship master's is not just for students with a dream of launching their own business. Many students in the program are simply looking to launch a new good or service, earn a promotion and further advance in their current occupation.
Which MBA specialization is best for entrepreneurs?
The MBA is a great degree choice for anyone interested in becoming an entrepreneur. How to best specialize your MBA depends on your goals.
If you want a good understanding of subjects like small business management, consulting and franchising, look no further than SNHU's MBA in Entrepreneurship. The 3-course concentration was designed specifically for current and aspiring entrepreneurs, exposing you to the tools, knowledge and analytical skills needed to thrive as a leader in the business world.
Even better, you can get your MBA in Entrepreneurship online. In fact, SNHU's online programs are among the most affordable in the country. Plus, you'll have access to an array of resources and support – because our mission is your success.
Is an MBA useful for entrepreneurs?
An MBA can be a very useful degree for aspiring or current entrepreneurs.
A Master of Business Administration degree sets out to teach learners the professional-level business skills they need to succeed in all kinds of industries and settings – including starting or taking over your own business. The MBA is an esteemed and popular degree, and there are many concentrations available to you.
"MBA programs emphasize critical thinking and problem solving skills which are beneficial for entrepreneurs as they face complex challenges," said Dr. Jessica Rogers, senior associate dean of business at Southern New Hampshire University. "And, an MBA enhances one's credibility in business, especially when seeking out investors, partners, or even customers."
At Southern New Hampshire University, we offer a specialized MBA in Entrepreneurship that you can complete entirely online. You'll study the traditional technical subjects in business like accounting, economics, financial reporting and marketing while honing your entrepreneurial skills in brand optimization, leadership, organization and strategy.
And, because running a business ultimately involves interacting with other people, you'll also learn soft skills – like communication, time management and conflict resolution. These additional skills could help you become a more savvy business owner. This program could even help you develop the resilience and grit that some of the most successful entrepreneurs possess, giving you a leg up on the competition outside of the classroom.
Whether you've already launched your business or you're in the beginning stages of your start-up dreams, earning your MBA in Entrepreneurship online gives you ultimate flexibility in reaching your educational and professional goals.
Is earning an Entrepreneurship MBA online worth it?
Whether or not to pursue an advanced degree is a big decision. There are multiple things to consider, such as personal, professional and financial factors. Because of this, there isn't a one-size-fits-all for whether or not earning your MBA online is worth it. It all depends on your goals, priorities and financial situation.
That said, we've made earning your MBA online more flexible and affordable by creating a degree that you can earn in about a year, for just over $19,000. Our programs include flexible class schedules and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation, because we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve their goals. Additionally, you'll have the option to earn credentials as you learn, giving you an extra leg up over the competition in your specific field of choice.
So, if you consider yourself to be a resourceful leader who engages in creative problem-solving, an MBA from SNHU could be for you.
Explore more content like this article
Sources & Citations (1, 2, 3, 4)
1 2021 GMAC Enrolled Student Survey, on the internet, at https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac/research/enrolled-students/2021_gmac_enrolledstudentsurvey_report.pdf (March 15, 2022)
2 2021 GMAC Demand of Graduate Management Talent, on the internet, at https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac/research/employment-outlook/2021_crs-demand-of-gm-talent.pdf (March 15, 2022)3 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, on the internet, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/top-executives.htm (viewed Nov. 7, 2023).
Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
4 Entrepreneur.com, on the internet, at:
- https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/353674 (viewed March 15, 2022).
- https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/251838 (viewed March 15, 2022).