Attending school online means making it work on your terms. But did you know the same can be said for interactions with your classmates?
SNHUconnect is a private online community created exclusively for students in our online programs. Share interests, join clubs and learning communities, receive academic support, gain career guidance and connect with 15,000 peers who are active every month.
Being an online student is more than earning your degree. At SNHU, you can also:
- Connect with students who are in your program or share similar interests.
- Join online clubs, leadership organizations and honor societies.
- Network with students in your current or desired career field.
- Discover upcoming events and activities in your area.
- Succeed in academic learning communities.
Getting involved in the SNHUconnect community can help you make connections with the university, discover your passions and attend virtual and live events. Whether you want to build skills and network with classmates or just meet other students on the same educational journey, SNHUconnect is the place to build your ultimate college experience.
- Communication Club. Whether it’s your field of study, passion or both, learn more about the field of communications in the Communication Club.
- Creative Writing Review Club. Looking for a sounding board? This club was designed to share nonfiction, fiction, poetry and screenplay works as well as peer revising.
- Health Information Management Student Association. Learn more about the HIM profession, participate in HIM-related activities and engage with peers and professionals in the field.
- HR Management Collegiate Association. Join an organization aimed at professional development, networking and experiential learning in the principles of HR.
- Law and Disorder Club. True crime. Law enforcement. Offender rehabilitation. If you’re interested in anything and everything related to criminal justice, this online club is for you.
- Public Health Student Association. Providing opportunities to learn about health initiatives and foster networking skills, this club is for students interested in public health.
- Psychology Club. From the theoretical to the clinical, the Psychology Club was created to inspire students to use psychological principles and explore related careers.
- Art Club. The purpose of Art Club is to allow students a channel to share their love of visual arts.
- Book Club. If you love reading, the Book Club provides a safe and friendly environment to foster a love for reading, meet others that share your interests and introduce peers to different genres and types of books.
- Christian Fellowship Club. This club gives students a place to speak freely about the Christian religion, expand networks and a platform for bi-monthly Bible study.
- Health and Fitness Club. Compare workouts, share recipes and meal ideas and provide encouragement and support for healthier living in the Health and Fitness Club.
- Mental Health Awareness Club. Stop the stigma and support mental wellness as you learn about mental illness and health in this online student club.
- Nerds Unite Club. Everyone has a unique skillset. Everyone needs a chance to prove themselves, be loved, cared and respected. Aside from discussing nerdy things, Nerds Unites aims to connect all the nerds at SNHU.
- Outdoors Club. Do you enjoy conservation, wildlife or just have a love of the great outdoors in general? Join this actively growing online club and have some fun.
- Paranormal Research Club. This is where things get spooky. Explore the paranormal through embracing, religions, experiences and expression.
- Positive Connection Club. We all need a pick-me-up sometimes. Learn more about working on feeling positive in your daily life and providing education about healthy emotions.
Honor societies are invitation-only online student organizations and require the payment of a one-time, lifetime membership dues to join.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda (Continuing Education). This national honor society recognizes adult learners with outstanding academic achievement.
- Delta Mu Delta (Business-Related Majors). An international honorary society in business administration, promoting training for business and to rewarding scholastic achievement in business subjects.
- National Society of Leadership and Success. The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) is the nation’s largest leadership honor society. Students are selected by SNHU for membership based on academic standing. In addition to honorable distinction, NSLS provides a step-by-step program for members to build their leadership skills. Upon completion of the program, members receive their leadership certificate and take their place among the top student leaders at their campus and across the country. Members are able to list their affiliations on all statements of personal accomplishment, including their resume. This program is conducted entirely online with an online-based advisor and fellow members available to support you.
- Pi Lambda Theta (Education). Pi Lambda Theta recognizes the academic achievement and outstanding disposition of graduating education students. The accomplishments of exemplary education students are honored through this induction.
- Sigma Tau Delta (English). Sigma Tau Delta is the international English honor society. The honor society provides eligible English language and literature and creative writing majors and minors with opportunities to attend and present at conferences, publish undergraduate work, participate in field trips and gain valuable networking opportunities.
- ACM Student Chapter. Gain knowledge and interest in the science, design, development, languages, management and applications of modern computing.
- Institute of Management Accountants (SNHU Student Chapter). The SNHU IMA student chapters is a community dedicated to connecting accounting, finance and business students in our online classes to help plan, build and improve their careers.
We know how crucial it is for new and current students to receive support, guidance and social connections at SNHU. That’s why we’ve started the Student Engagement Council. The council is a group of online undergraduate and graduate students who volunteer their time and energy to help other students succeed by informing the administration about the student experience as well as supporting, engaging and interacting with fellow students in SNHUconnect.
Members of the Student Engagement Council report on the student experience – positive and negative – and provide feedback on topics that affect students. This online student organization works to improve the student experience, listen to student feedback, inform change, raise awareness within the student body, provide support to peers, support groups and learning communities and increase student engagement.
The council is a voice and an informing body, but not a decision-making group, when it comes to university policies. The council represents the student voice regarding student services, resources, and the academic experience, and discuss concerns or issues that impact the online student experience with SNHU administrators.