Your Journey Starts Here
Whether you're fresh out of high school, transferring from another university or an international learner, we understand that students who consider and attend SNHU come from all over the world, and from all walks of life. That’s why we’re committed to providing the support you need from enrollment to graduation and beyond.
Already completed your Bachelor's degree, explore our Campus Graduate programs.
How to Apply
Outlined below are the simple steps you'll need to take to when applying to Southern New Hampshire University as a first-year student. The Office of First-Year Admission can answer any questions regarding application requirements and help you submit your application.
If you're not a first-year student but still need help with your application, don't hesitate to reach out to our Campus Admission team anytime.
1. Complete application:
Visit the Common App to fill out and submit your application.
2. Submit additional documents:
We'll also need you to send a few documents along with your application to the SNHU Office of Admission. Here's a list of required documents and things to keep in mind while you're applying:
- Official high school transcript (or GED)
- One letter of recommendation from a school counselor or teacher
- Standardized test scores are optional and not required for admission
- SAT school code is 3649 and ACT school code is 2514
- Music Education applicants: an audition is required prior to enrolling
- University Honors Program applicants: an additional essay and completed Honors application
3. Explore financial aid options:
As a nonprofit university, our mission has always been to make college more accessible and affordable. But we understand that earning your degree is still a big financial investment. There are several financial aid options available to help you find the best path to your degree.
As you begin your application process to SNHU, be sure to mark these important deadlines in your calendar:
- Early Action Deadline - 11/15/2021
- Priority Deadline - 02/01/2022
If you're applying as a transfer student, please visit transferring to SNHU for more information.
Considerations for First-Year Applicants
When evaluating your application, the SNHU Office of Admission considers a variety of factors. Our first consideration is your academic background - but we don't stop there. We look for well-rounded applicants that have a variety of interests in and out of the classroom.
Most candidates admitted to SNHU have completed 16 college-prep courses, including:
- Four years of English
- Three or more years of Mathematics
- Two or more years of Science
- Two or more years of Social Science
Considerations for Home-Schooled Applicants
A traditional high school experience is not required to apply to SNHU. The students of SNHU come from all types of educational backgrounds including those who completed home-schooling.
Accredited home-schooled application requirements:
- SAT or ACT scores (may be reported directly by the College Board; SNHU's College Board Code is #3649; not required for culinary arts applicants)
- One letter of recommendation from the primary educator
- One letter of recommendation from a coach, community leader or supervisor
Non-accredited home-schooled application requirements:
- Submission of portfolio including course descriptions, an annotated reading list and graded work
- Student must meet all state regulations put forth by their home state and the state of New Hampshire
Take a Tour of Campus
The best way to get a picture of campus life is to see it for yourself. Campus tours are open to all students and are available throughout the week and on weekends. You can also attend other admission events like open houses, transfer collaboratives and more to see what the SNHU campus has to offer.
At Southern New Hampshire University, we're committed to giving you a campus experience that will stay with you long after graduation. With academic programs led by industry professionals, a continuing dedication to career development and countless opportunities to get involved in sports, internships, student organizations and more, SNHU is a place where you can explore your full potential.