Lead in International Business
- $320/credit (120 total credits)
- Transfer up to 90 credits
- Program accredited by ACBSP
- Seek industry-recognized certifications
- Gain a multi-national business background
- No application fee or SAT/ACT scores
International Business Degree Online Program Overview
Create innovative solutions to emerging business challenges in the global marketplace with a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration with a concentration in International Business from Southern New Hampshire University.
Our international business degree provides an in-depth understanding of the business practices and career skills needed in an era of increasing globalization and automation.
International business degree online courses explore global financial systems, multinational marketing and international strategic management. You can develop a deep understanding of the political, cultural, financial and management systems that drive international business activities.
Learn how to:
- Analyze data to make ethical international business decisions
- Address political, economic and social challenges in global organizations
- Build collaborative relationships across diverse teams
- Explain the impacts of global and societal contexts on business decisions
- Recommend strategic and creative international business solutions
An international business online degree provides a strong foundation of business skills from a global perspective. You can use your degree to help businesses face emerging challenges in international markets.
As technology advances, the business world continues to change. More business than ever is conducted online. This has opened up new global opportunities for products and services.
Organizations across many industries will be looking for global-minded leaders. These leaders will need to create innovative solutions to the complex business and societal challenges that come with more globalization.
“There is an increasing demand for individuals who understand the global context of business, whether it’s addressing international trade and logistics, facilitating cross-border investments, or leading inclusive cultural and ethical initiatives,” said Clare Greenlaw, associate dean of business at SNHU.
Career opportunities and earning potential for international business online degree holders are also growing. International business graduates can find work in a variety of industries.
- Wholesale trade
- Travel and tourism
- Professional services
Possible jobs for international business degree holders include:
- Operations manager: Coordinate facilities operations in multiple countries. Work with other high-level executives to plan long-term strategies for sales and growth. Operations and general managers earned a median salary of $103,650 in May 2020.1
- Marketing manager: Help drive a business's international growth and build a company's brand around the world. Marketing managers earned a median salary of $142,170 in 2020.1 Jobs for marketing managers are projected to grow 10% through 2030.1
- Financial manager: Create financial reports, direct investment activities and develop long-term plans for an organization’s financial goals, taking into consideration the tax laws and regulations specific to an organization or industry. Financial managers earned a median salary of $134,180 in 2020.1 Jobs for financial managers are projected to grow 17% by 2030, much faster than average.1
- Management analyst: Recommend ways to improve an organization’s efficiency. Gather and organize information about business problems to be solved and help make organizations more profitable by reducing costs and increasing revenue. Management analysts earned a median salary of $87,660 in 2020.1 Jobs for management analysts are projected to grow 14% through 2030.1
- Logistician: Analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain internationally. Manage the entire life cycle of a product, including how it is acquired, allocated and delivered. Logisticians earned a median salary of $76,270 in 2020.1 Jobs for logisticians are projected to grow by 30% through 2030, much faster than average.1
Not sure you want to work for a large, multinational corporation? The skills gained in international business programs can be applied across many industries.
“SNHU international business majors have the foundational knowledge and skills to approach complex business and societal issues from different perspectives, and to create innovative solutions using a uniquely developed set of hard and soft managerial skills,” said Greenlaw. “These skills are increasingly valuable to employers faced with the challenge of opening and integrating diverse markets and achieving cohesion in increasingly diverse workforces.”
Start Your Journey Toward an Online International Business Degree Concentration
Why SNHU For Your International Business Degree
With no set class meeting times, you can learn on your schedule and access online course materials 24/7.
As part of our mission to make higher education more accessible, we’re committed to keeping our tuition rates low. In fact, we haven’t raised our online tuition rates, some of the lowest in the nation, since 2012.
Prior coursework could also help you save time and money. SNHU’s transfer policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits toward your bachelor's degree and 45 credits for an associate degree from your previous institutions—that means you could save up to 75% off the cost of tuition. You could also save time and money by getting college credit for previous work experience, or by taking advantage of military discounts and employer tuition assistance if available to you.
Founded in 1932, Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution with over 100,000 graduates across the country. SNHU is institutionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), which advocates for institutional improvement and public assurance of quality.
Recently, SNHU has been nationally recognized for leading the way toward more innovative, affordable and achievable education:
- U.S. News & World Report named SNHU the 2021 Most Innovative University in the North and one of the nation's "Best Regional Universities"
- Awarded the 21st Century Distance Learning Award for Excellence in Online Technology by The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- A $1 million grant from Google.org to explore soft skills assessments for high-need youth
At Southern New Hampshire University, you'll have access to a powerful network of more than 300,000 students, alumni and staff that can help support you long after graduation. Our instructors offer relevant, real-world expertise to help you understand and navigate the field. Plus, with our growing, nationwide alumni network, you'll have the potential to tap into a number of internship and career opportunities.
96.5% of students would recommend SNHU (according to a 2019 survey of 9,200+ online students). Discover why SNHU may be right for you.
Make your mark on the global marketplace with the business skills and knowledge you can gain with a bachelor of international business online.
As the global business environment evolves, organizations across many industries need global-minded leaders to help them grow.
International business degree holders can work in manufacturing, trade, tourism, professional services, finance, transportation, retail and more.
Expanding access to quality higher education means removing the barriers that may stand between you and your degree. That’s why you can apply at any time and get a decision within days of submitting all required materials:
- Completed free undergraduate application
- Prior transcripts, which we can retrieve at no cost to you
- Test scores are not required as part of your application
Acceptance decisions are made on a rolling basis throughout the year for our 6 (8-week) undergraduate terms.
How to Apply
If you’re ready to apply, follow these simple steps to get the process going:
- Complete a free undergraduate application
- Submit any additional documents required
- Work with an admission counselor to explore financial options and walk through the application process
If you have questions or need help filling out your application, call 1.888.387.0861 or email email@example.com.
Courses & Curriculum
When you pursue an international business degree online, you’ll get the benefits of a traditional business education. You can also get a deeper understanding of the complexity and uncertainty of an increasingly global business environment.
SNHU’s international business degree “prepares students to contribute to the management and decision-making of domestic and multinational organizations challenged by global competition,” said Clare Greenlaw, associate dean of business at SNHU.
The online international business degree concentration has a foundation in business administration. This means you can build key business and career skills that are in demand across many industries.
Business core courses explore topics including:
- Accounting and finance
- Business law
- Business systems analysis
- Human relations
- Operations and strategic management
General education courses supplement your business core courses. These courses can help you develop valuable career skills. Skills include communication, analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving.
In your concentration courses, you’ll examine business concepts and practices through a global lens. You’ll gain a better understanding of the political, ethical and cultural contexts of doing business abroad.
International business courses may include:
- Global Finance: In this course, you'll explore the architecture of global financial markets and multinational financial institutions. This course provides a comprehensive background of the international financial environment. It also explores a broad range of international financial functions, operations and products.
- International Management and International Strategic Management: These courses can help you gain a holistic perspective of management in a multinational organization. You can learn how to strategically navigate the balance of ethics and social responsibility in international operations.
- Multinational Marketing: This course explores the economic, social and cultural factors that influence marketing and sales in a global market. You can gain real-world experience by developing marketing strategies for new products in global markets. And you can practice how to leverage media, communication, distribution and pricing strategies internationally.
Throughout your international business administration degree courses, hands-on projects can offer valuable learning experience. You could practice conducting international market attractiveness and risk assessments or create global marketing campaigns. Or you could study economic policy and trade regulation.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work in teams to find solutions to common challenges faced in an international business setting. These real-world experiences can help you gain key soft skills that can help you stand out when applying for jobs.
These skills include:
- Collaboration: The ability to build trusting relationships among diverse partners and organizations.
- Flexibility: The development of a global mindset open to emerging differences and change within the business environment.
- Problem-solving: The ability to take on new business skills and knowledge to solve the complex problems facing businesses today.
"The final course was the most fulfilling," said Kacie Kirkpatrick '21. "It helped to make all of my previous courses harmoniously mesh together for the best understanding of my program."
Want to take your career even further? Continuing your education with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) can give you a leg up when applying to jobs.
The online MBA in International Business can help you develop strategies to bring global success to an organization. You can take a deeper look at the opportunities, uncertainties and risks present in today’s increasingly global business environment. And you can prepare to be a more effective leader in organizations challenged by global competition.
No matter what career path you take with your bachelor of international business, SNHU will be there to support your journey. Online students have access to virtual writing help, tutoring and academic advising. Student clubs and professional organizations are also available to enhance your coursework and start building your personal network.
Our career advising team can assist you with resume and cover letter reviews, interview prep and job searches. And you’ll have access to these services even after you graduate.
Completed some college coursework already? SNHU’s generous transfer policy allows students to transfer up to 90 credits toward a bachelor’s degree. With the maximum credit transfer load, you could complete your international business degree in as few as 5 terms, or 10 courses.
Curriculum Requirements & Resources
- Business core: Business programs require learners to complete the business core program, which includes a variety of business-specific courses. This program focuses on 10 core competencies to prepare you for success wherever you go.
- General education courses: All online bachelor's degree students are required to take general education classes, if not obtained in prior coursework. Through these foundation, exploration and integration courses, students learn to think critically, creatively and collaboratively, giving you the edge employers are looking for.
- Technology resources: We provide cloud-based virtual environments in some courses to give you access to the technology you need for your degree – and your career. Learn more about our virtual environments.
- Save time and tuition: Depending on your scores, you could earn up to 12 math credits – the equivalent of 4 courses – toward your degree for less than $50 per assessment with our Pathways to Math Success assessments.
|View Full Curriculum in the Catalog|
|BS in Business Administration - International Business|
|Courses May Include|
|BS in Business Administration International Business Online|
|INT 221||Global Financial System||This course is designed to familiarize students with global financial architecture and the modus operandi of global financial markets and multinational financial institutions, with the focus on policy- and concept-oriented issues in international banking and international capital markets. It aims to provide a comprehensive background to understand the international financial environment and to expose students to a wide range of international financial functions, operations and products.|
|INT 315||International Management||Gain a holistic perspective of international management across the major functional areas of business as they are practiced in a multinational organization. Explore the influence of culture, politics, society, and economics on conducting business globally, and navigate the balance of ethics and corporate social responsibility in international operations.|
|INT 400||International Business Project||This course is designed for those students who are pursuing a major and those that have definite interest in carrying out a career in International Business as well as those who seek to broaden their knowledge in the field. Explicitly, the course will introduce students to the contemporary issues and challenges faced by managers of Multinational Corporations in the International Business setting. The course will give students the opportunity to work in teams by focusing on a practical approach to learning. It will provide students with skills that can facilitate their entry into a job market in International Business or related field at various levels of expertise.|
|INT 422||International Strategic Management||The course introduces students to strategic management in the global arena. It focuses on the internal strategic environment of an organization, the external strategic factors present in the international environment, and the manner in which a strategic thrust and a strategic fit are created between these two environments. The course relies on the use of case studies of U.S. and foreign international corporations. Writing Intensive Course.|
|INT 433||Multinational Marketing||Examine international similarities and differences in the cultural, economic, political, social and physical dimensions of the environment in relation to marketing and sales functions. Learn about the changes in marketing systems and the adoption of marketing philosophies and practices across national boundaries through the study of the foundations, scope, and challenges of global marketing. Develop market entry and integrated marketing strategies for new products in global markets including media, communication, distribution, and pricing strategies.|
|Total Credits: 120|
Minimum Hardware Requirements
PC (Windows OS)
Apple (Mac OS)
Currently supported operating system from Microsoft.
Currently supported operating system from Apple.
8GB or higher
8GB or higher
100GB or higher
100GB or higher
Required for campus students. Strongly recommended for online students.
Required for campus students. Strongly recommended for online students.
SNHU Purchase Programs
5 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload and less than 100 ms Latency
5 Mbps Download, 1 Mbps Upload and less than 100 ms Latency
- Laptop or desktop? Whichever you choose depends on your personal preference and work style, though laptops tend to offer more flexibility.
- Note: Chromebooks (Chrome OS) and iPads (iOS) do not meet the minimum requirements for coursework at SNHU. These offer limited functionality and do not work with some course technologies. They are not acceptable as the only device you use for coursework. While these devices are convenient and may be used for some course functions, they cannot be your primary device. SNHU does, however, have an affordable laptop option that it recommends: Dell Latitude 3301 with Windows 10.
- Office 365 Pro Plus is available free of charge to all SNHU students and faculty. The Office suite will remain free while you are a student at SNHU. Upon graduation you may convert to a paid subscription if you wish. Terms subject to change at Microsoft's discretion. Review system requirements for Microsoft 365 plans for business, education and government.
- Antivirus software: Check with your ISP as they may offer antivirus software free of charge to subscribers.
Tuition & Fees
As a private, nonprofit university, we’re committed to making college more accessible by making it more affordable. That’s why we offer some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation—and haven't raised our costs in a decade.
We also offer financial aid packages to those who qualify, plus a 30% tuition discount for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
|Online Undergraduate Programs||Per Course||Per Credit Hour||Annual Cost for 30 credits|
|Degree/Certificates (U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty)*||$675||$225||$6,750|
Tuition Rates are subject to change and are reviewed annually. *Note: students receiving this rate are not eligible for additional discounts.
Additional Costs No Application Fee, $150 Graduation Fee, Course Materials ($ varies by course)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an international business course?
An international business course looks at business activities and theories from a global perspective. The goal of international business courses is to develop a deep understanding of the political, cultural, financial and management systems that drive the global market in the United States and abroad.
At SNHU, international business is offered not as a Bachelor of Science in International Business, but as a degree concentration of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. The concentration combines global business courses with a broad business education.
In SNHU’s international business program, you’ll explore key business concepts through a global lens, including:
- Global finance
- International management
- Multinational marketing
You can build a strong foundation in business skills and best practices. This foundation is backed up with an understanding of international business concepts. The bachelor's of international business can prepare you to make decisions that have a global impact.
“As self-aware learners and leaders with a global mindset, (international business) graduates develop a passion for diversity and inclusion, a willingness to embrace business uncertainty, intercultural empathy, interpersonal impact, and the foundations for leadership diplomacy,” said Clare Greenlaw, associate dean of business at SNHU.
Is an international business degree worth it?
If you want a flexible credential that can help you lead in businesses across many industries, then yes. A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in International Business can give you the business foundation and global perspective you need to join the evolving global market.
"I chose to study international business because I love to learn about other countries, their culture and travel," said Kacie Kirkpatrick '21. "This program dove into what it takes to be a leader, business and making it all work on a global scale."
Technology continues to advance and more business is moving online. With this move, it’s easier than ever for companies to expand their products and services to the global market. An international business degree online can help you prepare to join this fast-growing sector of the business world.
“Many companies are going global, so having some background in this field can enhance a student’s marketability,” said Dr. Charlotte Broaden, a global business and leadership professor at SNHU.
Jobs for management analysts, for example, are projected to grow 14% through 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).1 Jobs for financial analysts are projected to grow 6% through 2030, and analysts with knowledge of specific global markets could be in high demand.1
Want to play a key role in the creation and distribution of products internationally? Jobs for logisticians, or supply chain managers, are projected to grow 30% through 2030.1
What kind of jobs can you get with a degree in international business?
In an international business degree online program, you’ll explore international market analysis, global business development and international finance. You’ll also gain an understanding of the political, cultural and ethical standards for international operations.
This training can prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities across many industries. As businesses continue to expand into global markets, jobs for international business degree holders are expected to grow.
With a bachelor's degree in international business, you could find work with roles like:
- Operations manager: International operations managers are responsible for coordinating facilities operations in multiple countries. They work with other high-level executives to plan long-term strategies for sales and growth.
- Marketing manager: International marketing managers help drive a business's international growth. They build a company's brand around the world.
- Finance manager: International finance managers are responsible for the financial health of an organization. This includes international sectors of a business. They create financial reports, direct investment activities and develop long-term plans for an organization’s financial goals.
- Management analyst: Management analysts or management consultants recommend ways to improve an organization’s efficiency. They gather and organize information about business problems to be solved. They also advise managers on ways to make organizations more profitable by reducing costs and increasing revenue.
- Logistician: Logisticians are in charge of analyzing and coordinating an organization’s supply chain. They manage the entire life cycle of a product, including how it is acquired, allocated and delivered.
How much do international business majors make?
Jobs for international business degree holders can be found in virtually any industry. This is particularly true as technology advances and businesses of all sizes aim to move into global markets. Salaries for international business majors are as varied as the jobs they can hold.
General and operations managers earned a median salary of $103,650 in 2020 while marketing managers earned a median salary of $142,170 that same year.1 The highest-earning marketing managers brought in more than $208,000.1
According to the BLS, in 2020 financial managers and management analysts earned median annual salaries of $134,180 and $87,760, respectively.1 Logistician's earned a median salary of $76,270 in 2020.1
Workers with advanced international business degrees can earn even more. According to the BLS, master’s degree holders earned about 18% more each week than workers with a bachelor’s degree in 2020.1 SNHU’s MBA in International Business can prepare you to lead in a global market. You can learn to develop the strategies that can bring global success to an organization and open up a broad range of management opportunities at global companies in the U.S. and abroad.
With a bachelor of international business online, you’ll be prepared to seamlessly continue your education with the MBA degree.
What schools offer international business?
International business is becoming a popular degree path. And a growing number of schools offer international business programs. But the type of international business degree offered varies among institutions.
At SNHU, the international business degree online is offered as a concentration of the online business degree. The BS in Business Administration program offers a strong foundation of business skills and practices. This foundation is coupled with training that can help you gain a global perspective.
Hands-on learning opportunities can help you learn to apply your coursework to real-world examples right away. This can help prepare you for a career in the global marketplace.
Want to advance your international business career even further? SNHU also offers an international business graduate degree in addition to the bachelor's of international business.
With an MBA in International Business, you can develop valuable leadership skills. You'll explore the political, ethical and cultural implications of leading in global markets in the United States and abroad. And you can develop career skills that are in demand across many industries.
Should you decide you want to further your international education upon completing your bachelor's, you could earn one of our 3 focused online MBAs: international business, international finance and international supply chain management.
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as well as several other accrediting bodies.
Sources & Citations (1)
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, on the internet, at:
- https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes111021.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/OOH/management/financial-managers.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/OOH/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/logisticians.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
- https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm (viewed Feb. 2, 2022)
Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.