Students have the option to live on campus in campus housing or search for off-campus housing on their own. Whether you decide to live at SNHU or explore other housing options, the following information should help you get started on your search.
Housing is available on campus for ESL, undergraduate and graduate students with the exception of married students or students with children. On campus housing is limited, so make your reservation early. More information can be found on the Campus Housing page. You have the ability to choose from traditional residence halls (furnished shared rooms typically in suites with a shared common lounge and bathroom), apartments (furnished single rooms with a shared kitchen, living and bath space) and townhouses (furnished single rooms similar to apartments but with slightly more space). Learn more about options in each category by clicking on the link provided.
Some of the benefits of living on campus are:
- Extensive Housing Options: Each room is equipped with high-speed Internet access, individual phone lines with voice mail and more.
- Vibrant Events Calendar
- Flexible Meal Plans: Students can find a variety of food to satisfy their taste buds. From pasta to stir fry, sandwiches to specialty meals, dining services work hard to serve you.
- Easy to Sign-up: Forget the hassle of searching for an apartment. Signing up for a Residence Hall takes 5 minutes!
- Proximity to Other Campus Buildings: All of our Residence Halls are located on campus, so they are within minutes of classrooms, computer labs, recreation facilities, the library, the Student Center and other important university buildings.
- Community: If you are new to the area, living in a Residence Hall is a terrific way to meet new people, build friendships and introduce yourself to the SNHU community.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Residence Halls or how to sign-up for a room, please contact the Office of Residence Life by phone 603.645.9758 or email email@example.com. They will be happy to discuss your options with you! To guarantee campus housing, return your housing contract and deposit by the recommended date.
If you are unsure about where you would like to live once you arrive, there are temporary housing options within the Residence Halls on campus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about temporary housing.
Off Campus Housing
Off campus housing options abound in Manchester. There are many apartment buildings close to campus as well as further away, with a varied range of costs to fit every budget. Many members of the community also post listings for private rooms on bulletin boards around campus. For more information about off campus housing options, please visit our Housing Resources.
For students wishing to live with a local family, Southern New Hampshire University has partnered with American Homestay Network to provide homestay opportunities. A Homestays are a great option for students who wish to learn more about American culture, desire to be more connected to the local community and feel more "at home" during your studies at Southern New Hampshire University. To learn more about homestay options, please go to our Housing Resources.