Gain Essential Accounting Knowledge with an Accounting Certificate from SNHU
Enhance your knowledge of accounting principles and practices with an Accounting Certificate, available on campus from Southern New Hampshire University. Whether the certificate in accounting is your first step toward a degree or a means to enhance your skills, the program provides the training you'll need in today's competitive workplace. You'll learn how to interpret and use financial statements and apply essential financial and managerial accounting principles and practices.
See Yourself Succeed in Accounting
SNHU's undergraduate accounting certificate will provide you with the basic accounting skills you'll need to succeed in an entry-level position.
As a private, nonprofit university, SNHU has one mission - to help you see yourself succeed. The benefits of earning your accounting certificate at SNHU include:
- Supportive community. Join the SNHU campus community of students who are closely connected with faculty and staff dedicated to your success
- Affordability. SNHU is one of the most affordable private, nonprofit universities in New Hampshire, and students who qualify could receive up to $20,000 in grants and scholarships. (This scholarship amount is only for students who do not need a visa to study in the U.S.)
- Innovative programs. Study abroad at little or no extra cost
- Accessible faculty. Learn from highly credentialed faculty who are experts in their fields and interact with you in the classroom, dining hall, fitness center and the stands
- Opportunity. Tap into our nationwide network of alumni and strong connections with employers for internship and career opportunities
- Campus experience. Enjoy more than 50 student clubs, champion Division II athletics and fun events on our 300-acre campus in Manchester, N.H., named a "Best Place to Live" by Money magazine
Internships & Outcomes
By enrolling in SNHU's accounting certificate program, you'll receive a solid foundation in accounting principles and practices to prepare you for entry-level accounting positions in nearly every industry.
Accounting is a growing occupation. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks will increase 11% by 2022. Stricter regulation in the financial sector is creating demand for educated and tech-savvy accounting services, opening up more opportunities for accounting clerks.
The curriculum will give you a foundation in essential accounting principles and practices. Courses are taught by instructors with professional credentials and experience in accounting, taxation and fraud examination.
|View Full Curriculum in the Catalog|
|Certificate in Accounting|
|Courses May Include|
|Certificate in Accounting Campus|
|ACC 202||Managerial Accounting||Students will explore the financial impact of short-term and long-term business decisions. By learning how accounting and other productivity information can be used to assess and improve performance of an organization, managers will be provided the essential information they need to execute growth strategies and select opportunities that create business value.|
|ACC 215||Fundamentals of Financial Accounting||This course is designed to give students an introduction to financial accounting and reporting techniques and concepts including an overview of the accounting cycle, financial statements and ethical responsibilities of accountants in business.|
|ACC 307||Intermediate Accounting I||Review introductory concepts including the accounting cycle, journal and adjusting entries. Learn to address more intricate accounting scenarios such as recording more complex financial statement elements. Apply theoretical frameworks and various accounting standards and regulations to the proper preparation of financial statements.|
|ACC 330||Federal Taxation I||Learn about current US tax laws and the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), as well as the relevant source documents, associated with federal tax returns for individuals. Apply the appropriate tax laws as required by law in relation to the specific circumstances and tax liabilities of individuals. Prepare federal tax returns and communicate various tax return information to individuals|
|Total Credits: 18|
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as well as several other accrediting bodies.