Information for Parents and Families
We know heading off to college is an exciting time for both students and their families, and we want you to know we’re in your corner. We’ve done everything we can to make sure your student is taken care of at every turn.
From a wide range of degree options, student services, public safety and beyond, we’re committed to being a home away from home for your student during their time here, and we want you to know that their success, well being and happiness is always top of mind.
Fall 2022 Calendar
- Opening Weekend - Friday, August 26 – Sunday, August 28
- Classes Begin - Monday, August 29
- Add/Drop Deadline - Sunday, September 4
- Labor Day - Classes Cancelled and Offices Closed – Monday, September 5
- Fall Break - Classes Cancelled and Office Open – Monday, October 10
- Veterans Day - Classes Cancelled and Offices Closed – Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Recess for Students - Wednesday, November 23 – Friday, November 25
- Last Week of Classes – December 12-16
- Residence Halls Close – December 16, 6PM (or within 24 hours of a student’s last class or final, whichever is sooner)
- Term Ends – Sunday, December 18
- Final Grades Available – By 1pm ET on December 20
Spring 2023 Semester
- New and Returning Student Move-In – Sunday, Jan. 1
- Classes Begin – Monday, Jan. 2
- Add/Drop Deadline – Sunday, Jan. 8
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Classes Cancelled and Offices Closed – Monday, Jan. 16
- Spring Break – Monday, March 13 – Friday, March 17
- Classes Resume – Monday, March 20
- Last Week of Classes – April 17-21
- Residence Halls Close – April 20, 6PM (or within 24 hours of a student’s last class or final, whichever is sooner)
- Term Ends – Sunday, April 23
- Final Grades Available – By 1pm ET on April 25
- Commencement Weekend – April 29-30
- The Spring 2023 Commencement ceremonies are tentatively scheduled for the weekend of April 29-30, 2023. Once final information becomes available, it will be sent to eligible graduates' SNHU email.
Dates subject to change
Sending and Receiving Mail
Part of the excitement of college is being in a new environment, but sometimes it's nice to receive a slice of home. If you'd like to send your student a piece of mail or a care package, please reference the below information.
Shipping and Receiving Information
Mailroom hours of operation:
Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Student mail and package address:
First Name Last Name
2500 North River Rd Box #
Manchester, NH 03106
Shipping services (from campus mailroom):
- We are currently cash only.
- We offer USPS and FedEx shipping.
- We are a drop-off point for UPS.
How to open student mailbox:
- Spin the dial to the left 4 times to clear the lock and then stop on first number.
- Next, spin the dial to the right passing second number once.
- Finally, spin the dial left directly to third number. Then twist the dial to the right to open mailbox.
To utilize our Amazon Locker located in the student center follow these steps:
- Log into Amazon account and go to account tab
- Go to addresses
- Click add a new pick-up location
- Use 03106 as the zip code
- Scroll to amazon locker bearhat and add to address book
Looking to track a package?
Mail Services is located in the Student Center, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com.
We have taken steps to ensure that the SNHU campus is as safe as possible. Our SNHU Alerts system can quickly inform students and parents about situations unfolding on campus, and our public safety officers are always here to protect our students.
There are over 100 programs of study on campus at SNHU, ranging from video game design to engineering. We also offer innovative 3-year degree paths, experiential learning opportunities and the hands-on resources you need for the career you want.