Skip to main content

Scholarships & Funding Options for International Students

*The following scholarships are available for on campus international students only.

New International Student Scholarships

Graduate Scholarships

International Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is available for new international master’s students only.

*Note: students must first complete the SNHU application process for admission. Scholarships are awarded after acceptance to SNHU.

International Merit Scholarship Requirements:

  • Min. undergraduate GPA: 3.0
  • Acceptance to SNHU

To apply for an International Merit Scholarship, complete the scholarship application by clicking the blue Scholarship button in the menu bar. Completed applications will receive a confirmation email message. Please save the confirmation email for your records.

Students must submit a completed scholarship application at least 30 days before the start of the term.
Graduate students may be eligible for a maximum scholarship of $4,000* (one time award over two terms).

*Awards are applied to tuition only and are non-refundable. All awards are subject to availability of funds.

For questions, please contact

Scholarships Available for Currently Enrolled Students

Charles and Barbara Bickford International Scholarship: The scholarship shall be awarded to graduate or undergraduate international student(s) studying on the Manchester campus.

Hassa Jadvani Memorial Scholarship: Supports students enrolled in the Graduate School of Business. Preference will be given to students enrolled in the International Business or Finance curriculum using standard need and academic criteria. In a year when there are no deserving needy students majoring in the indicated subject areas, the awards may be presented to other students enrolled in the Graduate School of Business.

Li Xu Scholarship Fund: This fund was established in memory of SNHU student Li Xu (aka Oscar). This scholarship is awarded to International and U.S. undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate the strong giving and sharing spirit of Li Xu by showing their commitment to the needs of new students. Scholarship applicants should demonstrate an interest in helping new students understand the academic culture of the University and social culture of New Hampshire in an effort to assist them in adjusting to the University.

Funding Options

Most forms of financial aid are subsidized by the U.S. Government, and therefore, are open only to U.S. citizens. However, there are funding options that international students studying at SNHU are eligible to apply for:

Student Employment

Any full-time student in lawful F-1 or J-1 status may seek on campus work for a maximum of 20 hours per week when classes are in session. Jobs are available on campus, but it may not always be possible to have a full 20 hours all the time; new students may have difficulty finding a job with limited previous work experience and being new to campus. Therefore, earnings from employment should always be viewed as a supplement and never as being crucial to meeting the expenses of studying in the U.S. due to its unpredictability.

Resident Assistant

Openings to be a Residence Assistant become available from time to time. These positions require living in a campus residence hall and being responsible for assisting students on a floor. RA awards include a scholarship, a stipend, and a reduced rate on a single room accommodation. Normally a student will not be eligible until after their first year.

Athletic Scholarships

These scholarships are available to outstanding athletes in basketball, cross-country, lacrosse, soccer (football), tennis, baseball, softball, and volleyball. Scholarship amounts vary and are determined by the coaches.

International Student Loan Program (Private Loans)

If you have family or friends living permanently in the U.S. you may qualify for the International Student Loan Program, which offers loans for up to the full cost of your education. Repayment terms are up to 25 years. This loan is available for both graduate and undergraduate programs, but not for Intensive English. The primary condition is that the student has a family member or friend who is a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. That person must be willing to co-sign or guarantee the loan.

For further information and application materials:

OPT - Optional Practical Training and Academic Training

Upon graduation, F-1 international students are eligible to extend their student status in order to work in the US for up to 12 months (for certain science subjects it could be up to 36 months). J-1 international students may be eligible to extend their student status in order to work in the US for up to 18 months, or the period of the full course of study in the US, whichever is less. Students can work at full time, full paying positions related to their course of study in companies anywhere in the US. This affords an opportunity to recover some of the investment in your education.