Campus Accommodations Center (CAC)
Southern New Hampshire University is dedicated to providing equal access to students with documented disabilities, in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
The University prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of disability, and takes action to prevent such discrimination by providing reasonable accommodations to eligible students with disabilities.
The university makes no pre-admission inquiry about an applicant's disability. We recognize that to disclose any disability is a personal choice that every applicant may exercise. We respect this choice; however, we encourage individuals with a disability to self- disclose to the Campus Accommodations Center and provide necessary information. The Campus Accommodations Center will assist in the process of identifying accommodation needs.
Procedure for Students Requesting Disability Support Services
It is the responsibility of a student with disabilities to complete the following steps to be considered for accommodations at SNHU.
1. Contact the Campus Accommodations Center
- On campus students may complete an Accommodations Center Intake Request Form
2. Review and submit the Disability Verification Form.
3. Complete intake interview with assigned Accommodations Specialist (in person, by phone, or via email) to discuss documentation and accommodation history to determine one's disability status and the need for particular accommodations. These determinations are made on a case-by-case basis.
4. If approved for accommodations at SNHU, students with disabilities are responsible for meeting, by phone or in person, with their assigned Accommodations Specialist at the beginning of each term/semester to review appropriate accommodations and update as needed. Students with disabilities are also expected to follow established procedures for specific accommodations. These procedures will be discussed at the student's meeting at the beginning of each term/semester.
Learn About Ryan's Experience
For Ryan Menter, accessibility at Southern New Hampshire University is crucial. Our Campus Accommodations Center is here to help with any accommodations or assistance you may need. See how Ryan is able to succeed and meet his goals at SNHU.
Accommodations & Services (CAC)
The procedures and guidelines of the Campus Accommodations Center are developed to address disability-related subjects. Some of the most frequent subjects are listed below:
1. Reasonable accommodations are made to provide academic, programmatic and physical access. Examples of program accommodations include sign language interpreters, CART providers, accessible text formats, and testing accommodations. Physical access refers to building, classroom and residence hall accessibility.
2. Personal services and personal aides (PCA) are not ADA/504 accommodations and are not provided by the University.
3. Special Housing Requests: Accommodations for housing, if approved, address the needs of the documented disability and not a specific location or roommate request. In order to be considered for a housing accommodation, a student must submit the Housing Accommodation Request Procedure and Forms to the Campus Accommodations Center.
4. Meal Plan Accommodations: In order to accurately and equitably evaluate meal plan accommodation requests based on medical or disability related conditions, Meal Plan Accommodation Request Procedure and Forms must be submitted to the Campus Accommodations Center to establish the existence of the condition and substantiate the need for the accommodations.