A new kind of education for getting a job in tech
Are you ready to break into the world of tech? An industry veteran ready to chart a new career path? Or just want to upskill in your current role? Meet Kenzie Academy — one of the industry-leading online coding bootcamps where you can level up your skills and prepare for the career you want.
Gain career-focused skills. Enjoy the speed and flexibility of self-paced learning. And be part of a supportive community to help you reach your goals.
- Career focus. Programs provide hands-on learning with a focus on meeting employer needs. For example, Kenzie Academy's Software Engineering program was co-developed with Amazon Technical Academy to provide you with the practical, relevant training cutting-edge companies are looking for.
- Quality online coding bootcamp-style certificate programs. Explore tech programs including the online Software Engineering, UX Design and Full Stack Web Development programs. These bootcamp-style certificate programs provide accelerated pathways similar to a coding bootcamp, but are longer than the typical 12-week bootcamp to ensure you get the in-depth training and real-world learning experiences that prepare you for a job.
- How we help you reach your goals? By providing personalized attention from facilitators and subject matter experts to help you reach your goals, we ensure each individual gets the skills they need to succeed.
- Kenzie Academy from Southern New Hampshire University. SNHU acquired Kenzie Academy to support its mission of giving all learners opportunities to access and afford a tech education. Upon successfully completing the program, learners can reduce the time it normally takes to earn a degree by using the college credits they've earned toward an SNHU degree like the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- Accessible education. Kenzie offers a variety of payment options designed to make education more accessible and achievable – including Federal Student Aid, such as grants and loans, to help cover the cost of tuition.
Learn to Code with Kenzie
Kenzie Academy is a coding and tech training program that provides career-focused skills and education, and helps learners become qualified for today's leading tech jobs. Learn about Kenzie's certificates, financing options, career services, and close community championing your success at kenzie.snhu.edu.
|Full Stack Web Development (Certificate)|
|Software Engineering - Backend Development (Certificate)|
|UX Design (Certificate)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Are online coding bootcamps worth it?
If you want to learn to code at an accelerated pace and enter the job market quickly, then yes, online coding bootcamps are worth it.
Coding bootcamps are shorter than a four-year degree program; however, they are fast-paced and intense. You must be hard-working, dedicated, have the right attitude and can hold yourself accountable.
Other benefits of online coding programs:
- Since online coding bootcamps are short-term programs, they’re more affordable than a traditional degree program. You can expect affordable coding bootcamps, like Kenzie Academy, offering programs costing $20,000 or less.
- You can conveniently learn at home while interacting with peers, facilitators and other staff in a virtual environment.
- The curriculum is specially designed to teach you practical and relevant skills efficiently. Facilitators are trained to convey complex concepts in ways you can understand in a fast-paced environment.
Can coding bootcamps get you a job?
Yes. By earning a coding certificate online or coding certification online, you'll have a credential validating that you’ve completed all required courses and developed the skills necessary for a job in areas like software engineering or web development.
The tech industry is in need of highly skilled talent and the job outlook is positive. Like with any job search, however, it can take time to find the right opportunity for graduates.
What is the best coding bootcamp?
There are many online coding bootcamps to choose from — and determining the best one for you depends on what you’re looking for and what’s important to you. Here are some things to keep in mind as you consider a coding camp online:
- What type of tech area and program are you interested in?
- What is the program length? Is it full time or flexible so you can continue to work?
- How much does it cost? What types of funding options are available?
- What does the curriculum cover?
- What support is available?
- What types of job search support and career services are available?
Kenzie Academy offers various programs in tech areas including UX design (9 months, $12,500), full stack web development (9 months, $17,000) and software engineering (12 months, $20,000).
Financial options include Federal Student Aid (grants/loans), alternative loans and other funding options, and cash or credit. You'll have access to support from a financial aid specialist, the academic team, a learner success advisor, the career services team and other staff members throughout every stage in your journey.
Do coding bootcamps pay off?
Yes! Completing a coding camp can prepare you for a job in tech, even if you’re brand new to the industry.
The industry is also radically growing as an increasing number of employers are in need of qualified tech professionals who can elevate their tech initiatives. Once you’ve completed a coder program online, you'll be able to pursue job openings that are in need of being filled.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment in computer and information technology-related occupations is estimated to increase by 13% by 2030, which is faster than the average for all occupations.1
In addition to growing job opportunities, earning a coding certificate from a coder program is rewarding! You can graduate feeling proud of your achievements and excited about starting a meaningful career.
Online coding programs aren’t easy, but knowing that you were able to overcome challenges can give you an amazing sense of accomplishment.
Do employers like coding bootcamps?
Online coder camps are becoming a common way for individuals to earn a tech education — and employers are aware of that. Therefore, more and more employers view coding certificates as a legitimate credential reflective of a graduate’s ability to perform well in a job.
Curriculum for coding bootcamps is also intentionally designed to shape a learning experience in which you develop skills essential and directly applicable to the job. With this understanding, employers are becoming increasingly confident in hiring employees who completed a coding camp online.
How hard are coding bootcamps?
A coder camp is designed to be rigorous. Learning web development, software engineering or UX design involves complex concepts, immersive experiences and hands-on projects to ensure you're well-prepared for day one on the job.
Kenzie Academy’s coding certificate programs require you to be engaged, growth-minded, committed and open to challenges with strong research skills. So, by learning how to overcome these challenges, problem solve and research, you're ready with the in-demand skills to successfully take on tasks in the real world right away.
Although Kenzie Academy’s programs aren’t easy, Kenzie sets you up for success by providing a community of support available to help you every step of the way.
Which coding certification is best?
Are you creative and interested in designing the user experience on a website? Do you want to specialize in the most widely used and popular programming languages, Java? Or, maybe you want to become an expert in both frontend and backend development as a full-stack software engineer?
No one coding certification is better than another — it all depends on what you’re curious about and how you envision your future as a tech professional.
Can you get a certificate for coding?
Absolutely. Certificate programs focused on areas like web development, programming and software engineering teach you how to code. Online coding programs offer a wide variety of courses and coding certificates.
To learn which certificate is best for you, research different coding bootcamps online and see what types of offerings align with your interests and goals.
Can you get a coding certification online?
Yes! In fact, the top coding bootcamps offer coding certificates and coding certification online. Learning from coding certificate programs online often means you'll get some flexibility to attend school while working or balancing other life circumstances.
The Kenzie Academy online learning experience is thoughtfully designed for our learners' diverse needs. You'll get to create your own schedule with your advisor and get to choose which optional sessions you'd like to attend. These sessions include weekly kickoffs, study halls, Q&As and topic sessions. Online learning also encourages independent learning and researching in which you can develop self-reliant skills; you don’t become dependent on a lecturer.
Another benefit of joining a coder program online is that a bootcamp’s virtual environment often is structured to mimic a real-world working environment. A large number of coding jobs are remote, so it’s beneficial to learn how to code in a virtual setting since it’s highly possible that a coder may work in a 100% virtual environment as well.
Which is the best online coding course?
- Kenzie Academy’s Software Engineering with Specialization in Backend Java courses cover topics such as Java, data structures, object-oriented design, HTTP, software design concepts, DynamoDB, algorithms, how computers operate and run applications, API Design and working in an Agile environment.
- Kenzie Academy’s UX Design courses cover topics such as design tooling, applying design thinking to solve a problem, user research, digitally drawing a user interface, synthesizing data, discovery interviewing, wireframing, high-fidelity mockups, visual hierarchy, application design and conflict resolution techniques.
A career curriculum is also built into Kenzie Academy’s programs to prepare learners for their upcoming job search through portfolio development, resume writing and practicing for technical interviews.
What is the difference between a bootcamp and a traditional certificate?
Traditional and bootcamp certificates both serve as an employer-valued credential representing that the training, skills, and knowledge you've acquired in a specific area. Both traditional and bootcamp certificate programs offer an educational fast-track track at a lower cost than traditional 4-year degrees programs. Certificates support career changes and advancement and professional development, while enhancing qualifications and a resume.
The only difference between these non-degree programs is that bootcamp certificates are tech-focused. These programs are typically offered by coding and tech schools that specialize exclusively in designing and delivering tech education in areas such as software engineering, UX design, and web development. Tech certificates may also be offered by a bootcamp that's a part of a college or university.
Do I need a college degree to enroll in a coding bootcamp?
No. Typically coding bootcamps do not require a college degree. These institutions provide an accelerated pathway toward a career in tech for those who may or may not have previous academic or professional experience. Bootcamp certificates serve as an alternative credential, and today, employers see tech certificates just as valuable and credible as degrees. Because bootcamps design rigorous curriculum and provide real-world, immersive learning experiences, you can expect to gain training that will prepare you for a job right after graduation – without a college degree.
Do coding bootcamps qualify for financial aid?
No. Since coding bootcamps are typically run by private organizations, financial aid, such as federal or private student loans, are not an option. Bootcamps may offer tuition payment options such as an income-share agreement, deferred tuition, GI Bill funds, scholarships and personal loans.
Kenzie Academy, however, is certified by the Department of Education as eligible to participate in Title IV programs. This means Kenzie Academy offers Federal Student Aid (e.g., grants and loans) to help learners afford to attend.
Sources & Citations (1)
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, on the internet, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm (viewed March 7, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.